Chapter 5 : Stuck With The Enemy *

Romettah

"How come you never told me you had a boyfriend?"

"It's not important-"

"Not important?" I mock in disbelief. "You're cheating on him! You're a grown woman, Dani! You're going to have to choose." I huffed, crossing my arms after I plopped myself back on the couch now that my rang was over.

I knew I shouldn't be angry, I can't be. Dani and I aren't anything exclusive so I have no right to be furiously aggravated like I currently am. However, the fact that I shouldn't be angry didn't stop me from feeling like I want to rip her boyfriend into shreds.

"I know, but I can't break up with him-"

I cut her off once again. "Why not?" I whined like a child not getting it's way, because that's a precisely what I am; a child not getting its way. I hated myself for getting this attached to Dani already.

I'm easily attached and this is why I always stray away from people. If I stay away I have no chance of getting hurt by them, and if I feel doubtful I'll hurt them before they can hurt me. It's the sick, twisted way that I am.

"If I do and he finds out about us, I don't know what he'll do." She sighs as she lumberingly takes a seat beside me. "I know he's not a bad person and I trust him, but no one ever knows what a person is capable of until you catch them at their worst."

I exhaled heavily and my lips pursed as I kept my arms stubbornly crossed over one another, my eyebrows connected in in the middle of my forehead, all because of Harry. This would be so much simpler if he weren't in the picture.

I rose up from the couch. "I'll be in my room." I inform her, causing her to frown and before she could convince me to stay with her persuasive words I turned my back towards and disappeared out her sight.

I stayed up in my room for the rest of the day, planning to come back down once my mother arrives. Dani watched tv the entire time because I could hear the blabbering of the television echoing throughout the silent house all the way up to my room.

For the countless time I found myself alone in my room and I knew the few people in my contacts were most likely busy with their lives to take the time to send me a quick text and distract me from the thoughts running through my pensive mind. This was the worst because I had no one to stop me from allowing my thoughts to run into the darkest depths of my imagination.

Fortunately enough I eventually fell asleep and soon I woke up to the sound of my mother's voice calling me from downstairs.

"Honey! Come down, I need to tell you something!"

I didn't realized I fell asleep until I wake up and whenever that happens I seem to wake up unaware of my surroundings until everything falls back into place. It was like I didn't need to consume any sort of alcoholic beverages or drug to wake up feeling light headed and confused. This must be a medical problem.

Ignoring my suspicions, I grunt quietly as I sit up and slid on my pink bunny slippers before emerging from my room and made my way down the stairs where my mother and Dani standing in the middle of the living room, ready to farewell Dani in her departure.

"Yes?" I yawn, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Come here, sweetie." My mother calls out for me sweetly, a sad yet comforting smile resting upon her lips similar to my own as she extends one of her hands which I take reluctantly and take as seat next her on the sofa, Dani taking a seat on the sofa opposite us.

My brows furrowed both curiously and impatiently knowing well my mothers tone sounded so gentle and sweet was because Dani was stood in front of us and my mother has a public reputation to maintain, being the soon to be wife of the towns priest and all. She never talks or treats me this way when we're alone.

I glance over at Dani who sat in front of us with a miserable, dejected expression before I turned to my to catch the same morbid expression from her. Why is everyone so sad?

"What going on?" I asked, concern laced in my tone of voice as I looked between the two woman with very distinguished styles.

"I asked Dani if it was okay for you to stay at her and her boyfriends apartment for the next two weeks when John and I are gone." She explains yet I'm still left confused, not to mention angry at the mention of Dani's boyfriend.

This still isn't making any sense. Why are they leaving and why?

"Why are you two leaving?" I voice my thoughts.

"Remember when I told you that John was sick," she asks and I nodded at the men memory, remembering the day she spoke about it and I barely listened without much interest. "Well, we went to the clinic a few days ago and the nurses told us he has a critical heart disease." Mom sniffles.

Almost like a sense of disparity I instinctively glance over at Dani who is staring at the floor seeming quite upset about the news too.

"W-We need to go out of town to visit a specialist to have him treated considering there are no hospitals around here who specialize on that." I observe as tears gloss her bright, almost electric blue eyes as her cheeks flush a light pink. "R-Ro, h-he doesn't have much time l-left." She chokes, tears blurring her vision and I knew she was at the verge of breaking down in front of me.

I never cared for John, but suddenly I felt... bad for the man. Ever since he came into our lives the poor man has done nothing but tried to get close to me, attempting to represent himself as a good father figure to me whilst I repeatedly pushed past his efforts. Now, he doesn't have much time left in this cruel, cruel world.

"It's going to be alright, Kles..." Dani reassures, falling to her knees in front of my mother to take her in her arms as she cries into her shoulder.

From the crook up my mothers shoulder Dani looks up at me only to catch me already staring down at them. That's all I did; stare with no other raw emotion. Simply placid. I couldn't find it in myself to do as much as to give my mom a hug. I know this was hard time for her and as much as I do love her because she is my mother, the gore and detestation I felt towards her for ripping my real father from my arms managed to always overshadowed everything else. As disheartened as it may sound; the pain she's feeling at this very moment is very well deserved. Now she knows how I felt when I had to accept the fact that I wasn't going to be able to see my father for a very long time.

I guess I'm stuck with Dani and Harry for the next two weeks.