Chapter 7 : Cigarettes At Midnight *

Romettah

It was the second night I was staying in this apartment and that's all I could think about to keep me sane was the hope of seeing my father someday soon. I probably should be worrying about how my mom and John are doing, but all that ran through my mind was how my father was doing in that hell hole my mother threw him in.

I tossed and turn within the sheets and once I grew tired of them I ended up tearing them off my body. I then shifting over to look at the clock hung on the wall that read 1:49am. The light coming from the window being enough illumination to check the late hour, but the tick-tock sound coming from it did not help my insomnia.

I breathed out a harsh huff out of frustration. "Fuck." I grumbled under my breath, rubbing my eyes that were tired of being opened for so long though my brain seemed like it couldn't process what time it was.

"I need a fucking cigarette." I grunted to myself softly before trying to quietly roll out of the couch/bed, but that didn't stop the darn thing from creaking.

I shuffled through my bag that I had brought with me, trying to find the pack of cigarettes in the dark. Finally finding the small white cardboard box, I take out a freshly wrapped one.

My bare feet went from the warm rug to the cold tile kitchen floor in search for a lighter that I could possibly find in one of their kitchen drawers. Opening and closing each of them quietly, the moonlight coming from the windows being my only source of lighting, I finally came across a small green lighter.

Bringing it up in front of the white wrapped damaging product, flicking the flam out the lighter and mashing them together until I saw the once army green product inside the white wrapping burn into a dark brown.

Without further hesitation, I brought the white sick between my pale pink lips, inhaling and exhaling the toxic smoke as I leaned against the kitchen counter staring out into the dark night sky.

Though the smoke and heavy scent invaded my breathing space, my mind couldn't bring itself to not think about my poor dad. I'm convinced I have major daddy issues, not to mention mommy issues.

With my cigarette between my pointer and middle finger, I lead myself into the small hallway where Harry was asleep. I needed a way to clear my mind.

I was safe from waking Dani up because she had called Harry earlier telling him that she was going to spend the night over at her parents house because she hadn't seen them in a month.

I stood in front of the closed white door with only a baggy t-shirt, short spandex shorts and the cigarette that was held between my fingers.

I gave the door a light knock, not waiting for an answer before I twisted the knob open. Instantly, I spot Harry tall figure slumped over his bed, the pale cream sheets only covering his bottom half as his upper, tatted body was on full display. Besides the music of the city traffic seeping through from between the parted curtains the only other sound were slight snores pouring out from between his parted lips.

I closed the door behind me before walking over to where he laid and crawling myself up onto his lap.

I blew out a puff of smoke in his face, smirking afterwards knowing that'll wake him.

The smoke had spiraled into his nostrils which caused him to instantly sit up with a chorus of endless coughing. I couldn't help but fall into a fit of sadistic giggling.