Chapter 1 : Meet Romettah *

Romettah

"How did your classes go?" My friend, Layla, asks me as we make our way down the hall to get out of school. Her light chocolate skin glowing brighter now that she had her hair died blonde.

"Boring, what did you think?" I dryly chuckled.

It was only my sixth month at this school; Lakeside High. My mom and I had moved all the way from Texas to Arizona because my mom found her new boyfriend; a priest off of tinder.

Don't even ask.

My mom and him had been traveling back and forth from Texas to Arizona for the past two years. Only until now John the priest had the fabulous idea to ask her and I to move in with him since they are going to get married in a few months. I never agreed to this. The only good thing that had came out of this horrible situation was being reunited with a friend as wonderful as Layla.

Layla and I knew each other from elementary school back in taxes until we had to part ways a few years later when she moved to Arizona. It's truly a miracle and quite the astounding coincidence that we happened to end up living in the same city; phoenix.

Alongside her, we reach the last step down the stairs and we're met with the faces of countless teenagers as they rush and shove around to board their buses.

"Ro, come here!" My head turns to the direction my name was being called from, the voice all too familiar for me not to recognize and all too high to not make Layla cringe and roll her golden brown eyes.

From a distance I'm met with Armani's brown eyes and soon my eyes look beside her where I also spot Sasha and Lebra, as expected. They're always together. As much as they can get on my very last nerve I still consider them my friends... well, associates more like. The girls and I are considered one of the school's most well known groups, as cliché as it may sound. As much as I would simply appreciate if Layla and them would get along, they don't. No one has ever wanted to tell me why, though.

Armani, Sasha and Lebra have nagged me furiously to not hang out with Layla with giving me a good reason to oblige to their strict commands. I wasn't one to let anyone else boss me around only because they're a year older than me. I have the right to talk to whomever I desire to speak to and if it really effects them that much they can easily fuck out of my life. 

"Well, I need to catch my bus." Layla announces and I turn my head back and allow my crystal blue eyes to momentarily lock with hers. "I'll see you Monday." A sweet smiles appears on her face and soon it's on mine as she quick hugs me goodbye before she climbs into her destined large yellow school bus.

Once I know she's safely seated in her bus I walk over to the wooden school find where the girls were patiently sitting on. They had scowls resting on their faces.

"Why do you even talk to her?" Sasha spat rudely as I sat down next to them and once she those words left her mouth the dire urge to rise back up and tranquilly strut away from them after slapping the words out Sasha mouth was rather strong. I somehow managed to fight through the urge, though.

"Because I can." I sarcastically smile.

For a few more seconds their faces remained masked in the scowl full of disgust as they chewed their gum obnoxiously loud.