Chapter 14 : Gunshots *

Romettah

"Shít." The curse word doesn't cease to effortlessly roll of my acid-glazed tongue the moment my hand happens to lose its grip around the drink I almost entirely had consumed and I'm unable to catch the rest of the alcoholic beverage as it falls from my hand. It takes a millisecond for the liquid to spill on my royal blue body-con dress, turning the material into a deep navy blue as it completely soaks it.

"Fuck." I yet again curse only this time it was out of frustration instead of minor despair as I immediately after begin to roam the spacious kitchen which belongs to the owner I have never met and probably never will. I'm in search of napkins as I'm in dire need to clean up the mess I clumsily created, but I'm frustratingly left empty handed.

Giving up, I head the opposite direction and aim for the rather long staircase. My small heels can barely be heard clinking because of how loud the music was blaring, but the more steps closer I became to reaching the upstairs floor the music became fainted ever so slightly and therefore I could hear myself think. I'm convinced it's necessary to also mention I couldn't even make it towards the first stair without having to be bumped up against dancing bodies which comes to show how... moronic this so called party has become. However, that's just my horribly drastic change of moods speaking.

I'm faced with a long, narrow hallway once I make it to the last step in the heels I knew I would regret wearing since the moment I stepped out my house but I idiotically still wore them solely for the fact that they made my legs appear longer.

I continue to quickly trudge down the hallway as I feel my dress displeasingly begin to stick to my warm skin. I'm unfamiliar with this house and the fact that there's so many doors to pick from that could possibly lead to the bathroom (which is the room I'm on the hunt for) it makes it far more difficult to pick a door which will miraculously be my required destination. A tired huff exits my mouth in what I can only describe was in exhaustion when I finally approach a random door. However, I almost instantly back away seconds before my hand actually got the chance to touch the handle. My abrupt reaction is caused by a loud feminine moan followed by the sound of skin slapping against each other coming from the other side of the white door. So with both my eyebrows amusedly quirked upwards; I walk away.

I walk a little further down the hallway before I enter an empty room that was left with the door wide open. I can only imagine what had happened in here perhaps only moments before I set foot into this room once I get a width of the smell lingering on the bedsheets which were left carelessly ruffled, might I add. I ignore it all, as it's something I'm rather use to, and walk towards the bathroom I spotted was fortunately attached to the average sized bedroom.

I possessively reach forward to grab a bunch of toilet paper in attempts to dry the soaked spot on my dress. My hands work furiously and determinedly but it all my efforts go to waste once I accept the fact that the thin toilet paper is only going to do so much.

At this point I'm irritated, feeling tired and strangely suffocated by the environment which I'm known to be found in, some might go as far as calling 'a disastrous party' my natural habitat.

Perhaps it's due to my monthly cycle possibly approaching, but I just can't seem to find joy in this jumbled mess of barely conscious millennials. I'm suddenly unaware of why I decided to attend this party as I've been feeling tired since the moment I arrived home. All I'm certain of is that I want to go home. However, that will be a major issue due to the prominent fact that the three wildly energetic girls I call my friends are my ride home... and they're no where to be seen.

My time here only seems to elongate as I search for Armani considering it's her car which we got here in. I can't seem to find her, and I lack more luck in finding Lebra and Sasha as well. I stop my unlucky quest and decide to look around in hopes finding a familiar face who'll be kind and sober enough to get me home safely without asking for anything in return because I had brought nothing but my house keys and cell phone with me which are both conveniently stashed in the cups of my 34B cup bra.