~19~

Your POV:

I lean back into Ciel as he holds me close to him. The night is quiet with only the sound of the carriage and horses them self to be heard.

"We can turn back now you know.." His hand rests on mine.

"Ciel, come on, it's just one dinner" I sigh.

"Yes but, after all he's done to you.." He clenches his jaw and looks out the window.

"I understand why you'd question my decision to attend, believe me, I do. But as I said, I want to hear him out. And if anything goes wrong I can count on Sebastian to protect us" I give him a reassuring smile.

"And I'll protect you. I'd give my life to make sure you're okay" he kisses my forehead and leans back in his seat.

I smile at him and relax in his arms. The carriage comes to a halt and Sebastian opens the door.

"Here we are" he smiles and helps us out.

We head to the front doors, Ciels grip tightening on me. Ciel knocks a few times and we wait, I can feel his heart beating against my back.

The door is opened by Claude who sends a quick glare to Sebastian.

"Welcome to the Trancy Manor. Lord Trancy is waiting for you in the dining room. Please, follow me" he motions us inside and walks down the hall.

"I don't want you near him" Ciel whispers.

"It's okay Ciel" I kiss his cheek and continue forward.

We enter the dining room and of course, there's Alois. He looks up at us and smiles.

"Well if it isn't the lovely newly engaged couple" he chimes.

"How did you know about that Trancy? We haven't told anyone." Ciel narrows his eyes.

"I have my ways~" he sings.

We take a seat on the far end of the table, causing him to pout.

"Why don't you come a little closer? I don't want to have to raise my voice to talk to you" he rests his head on his hand.

"We're fine here." Ciel holds my hand under the table.

"Have it your way. Oh I just know tonight will be.. Special"