~10~

(Please read:

So as you are all aware, I've been updating slowly lately and that's because my life has been really busy lately. I've had assignments piling on and it's just been crazy. Thanks so much for the patience though and enjoy this chapter ^.^)

I lock eyes with Claude as he motions me inside. I walk in, feeling sudden fear yet excitement wash over me.

"Lord Trancy is just finishing up on paper work. Wait here while I check on his progress" he bows and walks up the stairs, disappearing around the corner.

I look around, wondering if I should just stand my ground and accept that this could be the end, or if I should run and hope I get away from all of this.

"This is an awful idea" I sigh and sit on a couch.

After awhile I hear footsteps and see Claude appear around the corner again. He walks down the stairs and to me.

"Lord Trancy will see you now.." He steps to the side and motions me to follow.

He walks back up the stairs and around the corner, with me following behind at a small distance. As we approach the doors to his study, I feel my heart in my throat, like I can't breathe.

Claude opens the doors and I look past him. Of course, his chair is facing away from the door. He always had the need to be dramatic.

"Your highness, Lady (Y/n).." Claude bows and walks out, closing the doors behind him.

I stand there for a few seconds. Nothing. Not a word from him or myself. I begin to feel uncomfortable.

"Are you just going to sit there Alois? After all that's happened you're just going to sit there and pretend I'm not even in the room?!" I walk to his desk and slam my hands down onto it.

A few moments later his chair turns and I lock eyes with the one, the only, Alois Trancy.

"I just don't understand.." Is all he says to me.

I stand there in silence for a few seconds, still trying to get over the fact that the best and worst thing to ever happen to my life, is sitting in front of me once again.

I don't know if I could say I have feelings for him, I mean, what person in their right mind would after all that's happened? Besides, I have Ciel now. Ciel cares for me in a way Alois could never.

"You don't understand what exactly?" I back away a little bit, beginning to feel my life on the line just by being near this man.

"Why you came here.." He looks down.

That's it? No yelling, no swearing. A straightforward question. No sign of anger coating his words or hostility towards me.

"Well you did invite me and I came here for answers. If being here gets me killed then so be it. You've taken everything away from me anyway!"

"I'm not going to kill you, what would it give me? More guilt stabbing into my heart? More nightmares to wake up from? The urge to kill myself and end it all so I can just rest peacefully?!"

"Peacefully?! Ever since I met you my life has been anything but peaceful!"

"You don't think I feel bad for what I did?! I feel horrible!" He's trying to hold back tears, I can tell, his eyes are watering.

"Why?! Why did you do it?! What drove you to make such unnecessary actions?!"

"It's because I love you! I didn't want anything to come between us! I was selfish and I'm so sorry! God, I'm sorry.." He sinks down in his chair and holds his head in his hands.

"It will be a very long time before I even consider forgiving you Alois. And if I decide to, know I won't forget what you've done and that I have no more trust in you.."

He says nothing. He covers his face and quietly sobs. I decide I have to leave before I feel the need to comfort him.

Quickly, I turn and walk out, make my way to the front doors and leave. I untie the horse and head back to the Phantomhive manor.

On the way there, I look back, expecting to see Alois coming after me. But instead all I could see was the still darkness.

When I reach the manor, I unsaddle the horse and quickly head inside. I lay on my bed and think about everything that just happened, how my life has changed and when I will see Alois again.

(Sorry for typos and other things I missed in editing ^.^)