~3~

As the sun rises I hear birds chirping, dishes downstairs being clattered together and voices throughout the manor.

"Too early" I mumble into the pillow.

As I start to fall asleep I'm awoken by a knock.

"It's time to get up Milady" a voice calls from the other side of the door.

"Just a minute Lance.." I roll over and open my eyes, staring at the ceiling.

There's a long silence before I speak up again.

"Sorry.. Sebastian.."

"No worries Milady.." I hear him walk off down the hall.

I sigh and get ready for the day. I walk into the dining room to see Ciel isn't there. I emit a small confused sound.

Sebastian enters the room and bows.

"The Young Lord is very busy with his work and will not be able to eat with you this morning, please have a seat and enjoy" he smiles brightly and pulls out my chair for me.

"Thank you Sebastian.." I sit and eat my breakfast.

Sebastian heads up to Ciels study to give him his breakfast, leaving me alone with my thoughts. After a few minutes Sebastian enters the room once again.

"The Young Lord would like to see you in his study when you have finished eating" he bows and takes his leave.

I finish up with my breakfast and head up to Ciels study. I knock three times and enter.

"You wanted to see me Ciel?" I walk to his desk and sit down in the chair in front of it.

"Yes, tomorrow night there is a street festival. You know, food, music, dancing. I'm not particularly into that sort of thing but if you wanted to we could go.."

I think back to the last street festival I went to. The night I saw Alois again after we first met. The first experience of his mood swings. I can remember it in almost exact detail.

"I'd love to Ciel.." I smile.

"Alright, I'll have Sebastian prepare clothes for you tomorrow. We leave at 7" he finishes and gets back to his work.

I sit there for awhile, studying his expression. He holds a blank face as he works, his eyes moving along as he writes.

"Have a nice day Ciel" I say standing and leaving.

Ciel's POV:

I look up as she leaves and sigh. I don't know why I feel so connected to her. I feel like if I lost her, I'd never be able to forgive myself. I feel better now that Alois is gone, but knowing him, he'll be back.