~9~

Tonight is the night. I'll see Alois Trancy for the first time in a long time. Part of me still thinks this is all a set up and that I'm walking into my own grave. I was stupid for even wanting to meet him again after all he's done.

Since we didn't really establish a time to meet, I figured I would leave at 10, when Ciel retires. I sit on my bed and watch the clock. When it strikes 10 I wait a few more minutes so Ciel can get settled into bed. I make my way out the window, carefully climbing down the wooden frame leaning on the wall of the manor. I jump down with a sigh of relief.

"That wasn't that hard" I say out loud, proud of what I had accomplished.

I make my way to the stables. I'm sure Ciel wouldn't mind if I borrowed a horse. If he knew where I was going I'm sure he would mind though, so I must be quick. With a gentle tap on the side, the horse starts moving.

"To the Trancy manor I go.." I say, beginning to regret my decision of going.

As I ride through the streets, I see many homeless men, women and children. It's such an awful sight. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to live in such a condition.

After a while, I see Alois's manor appear in the distance. As I get closer and closer, I feel my heart beating faster and faster. Is it too late to turn back now? No, I'm going to go through with this. I can find out why he did what he did. If I get killed? Well is there really any purpose for living now? All that I had is now gone. My parents, Lance, my somewhat normal life.

"Ciel.." I whisper to myself.

He's lost a lot too, yet he keeps going. But the one difference between us is that he has a job. He's the queens guard dog. He has purpose. I can't say the same for myself. Sure, I may have him by my side now, but what happens when Sebastian takes his soul? I'll be alone again. And, I don't want to go through the pain of loosing someone... Again.

I shake my head and look around. My eyes widen slightly when I realise I'm riding up Alois's driveway. I take a deep breath and continue on my way up. When I reach the front of his manor, I tie the horse to a tree and cautiously head up the stairs. Reaching out, I pause before knocking on the big doors that separate me and the house of insanity. After a few seconds, the doors open.

"Welcome to the Trancy Manor Milday"

(Sorry for the late update. A lot has been going on and assignments won't stop piling on >.< I appreciate the patience as always and I'll try my hardest to make the next chapter sooner. Sorry for typos and other mistakes I missed in editing)