Can I at Least Have a Hug?

*Joshua's pov*
It's the last day of school and I'm saying goodbye to all my friends before I leave to go home. Summer. No more excuses to see Colleen everyday. I can't make sure she's okay and alive. I have to face the truth. she'll die. I hate the words, I hate picturing it, but it's the harsh truth. I'm not her boyfriend anymore, I can't call to tell her goodnight, I can't invite her over to sleep here. I had hope that we'd have another chance the night she called me, but nope. Not even friends. But today I've caught her looking at me and starring. I want to know what that's about. "Hey Colleen!" I call out to her. She pretends not to hear me and keeps hugging Kate, in her science class, saying goodbye to her. I walk through the crowd of students until I reach her as she's pulling away from Kate. Wiping a tear off her face. Knowing it's the last time she'll see everyone here. I gently touch her shoulder. She spins around and looks at me shocked. "I um wanted to say goodbye." I say. She looks down like she wants to tell me something. I place my hand back on her shoulder. "Are you alright, Colleen?" I ask. She brushes my hand off of her and wipes her tear wet face. She nods quickly. "yup! I'm perfect." she says trying to sound cheered up. I give her sympathetic look and tilt my head to the side hoping she reads my face correctly. "I'm good Josh but I have to go." she says quickly. I sigh. "can I at least have a hug?" I ask. "I'm sorry I have to go." more tears fall out of the corners of her eyes. She turns around and pushes her way out. I just stand there not moving. I was really hoping she'd let me in. Isaac comes behind me and pats my back. I'm sure he just heard and saw everything. "she's stressed and doesn't know what to do buddy." he reassures me. "I know but I needed a proper goodbye." I say now crying myself. "She's strong. She'll make it." Isaac says.

-

|Vote|

|Comment|

|Do all the things|

but will she make it?

~In Jesus' name, goodbye.~