Here We Go

~~ Two months later ~~

*Colleen's pov*
Josh and I are still together and happier than ever. The only thing is, we haven't told anyone else but Becky. And, I think I might be ready to tell Mia and Shane. Josh is on board with the idea and yesterday I asked Becky for her advise. She told me that if we're ready to tell people and are ready to suffer the consequences that may occur.
I walk up to Mia after math class and ask her if we can talk after school. We decided that we will meet after school somewhere private. At first she suggested to go to one of our houses but I said that we couldn't and what I was telling her was a secret worth keeping. She understood and we agreed.
For lunch Joshua and I always meet in the library everyday now. We also end up making out behind bookshelves. I told my dads about Josh. The are fond of him and think he's a good guy. I just don't know how they'll react when I tell them Joshua and I aren't just friends.
I'm still writing in my journal daily. Joshua doesn't know about it yet. No one does. I'm writing my true feelings in this book so that one day I can show him, and possibly our children, our journey we had to go through.

~~~

The school bell just rang, indicating that we can go home. I wink at Joshua while passing him by and meet Mia outside. As soon as she sees me she gives me a genuine smile and walks up to me. Her arm hooks with mine and we start to walk. We end up in an ally way. I set my bag down and sit on the green grass. She sits next to me. "What's up darling" she says. I take a deep breath and begin, "promise you won't get mad or stop talking to me," I say and look at her. "Colleen I'd never stop being you friend. Please be honest with me." she says back. "here we go" I sigh. "I uh don't like girls anymore. I like boys." I say finally. She gives me a shocked look. "Colleen! What are you doing! You can't like guys!" she starts raising her voice. "Why not? I am a girl who likes a boy what does that change in you're life?" I say getting tears in my eyes. She is silent. "exactly! It doesn't affect you're life style. The only thing is now you have a friend who likes a boy." I shout. she is speechless. "W-well wh-who is it?" she questions. I stay silent for a second. I look down at my feet. "Joshua." I say quietly. "how long?" "two months." I whisper. "God dammit Colleen why didn't you tell me earlier!" she yells. "shh! people will hear us!" I shush her. "I'm sorry." she says. "but please Colleen why didn't you tell me this sooner?" she adds. "I wanted to! trust me. but I was afraid of this happening. and I didn't know how to tell you and Shane." I say. I can't make eye contact with her right now. "does Shane know?" she asks. I shake my head no. "well, tomorrow you are telling me everything." she says. I nod. "Joshua is coming too." she adds. I nod again. Oh boy.

-
leave feedback? 💕
like? 👍
thanks for reading! 😋