But It's A Start

*Joshua's pov*
I'm gonna do it. Today, at school, I'm going to come out to people. I hope Colleen supports me on this. We can't tell anyone we are pregnant, but, we will tell them we are a couple.
I get to school and walk up to Colleen. Instead of talking to her I decide to text her. No one can eavesdrop on us that way.
(J=Josh C=Colleen)
J: Hey, I'm ready to start telling people.
C: Are you sure?
J: Yes. We should do it before someone catches us making out in the library at lunch.
C: tru tru
J: okay, so I'll start with telling Isaac and Ben.
C: okay. At lunch let's sit in the cafeteria and hold hands. I'll let Becky know.
J: Okay sounds good. I love you, Colleen.
C: I love you too, Joshua.

And with that I shut my phone off and scan the hall way for Isaac and Ben. I spot Isaac talking to James and his group. James is the leader of the pack. He is a jock but he has 4 other people that follow him everywhere. Most guys are attracted to him, but I don't see it at all. For one there is James, the leader of the four other ones. James isn't a complete ass whole but he can be. He's a jock that looks for attention every where. Next to James is Nate. Nate is a book worm/nerd. He adores learning but wants to be popular as well, and James gave him that. Then there's Tyler, Tyler is the quiet and shy one. He's usually standing in the back behind everyone. Sometimes I feel bad because he's nice. Tyler and James used to go out but they both thought I'd be better to be strictly friends. Joe is special. He is a musician and he can sing. But he is a huge show off. He likes to show off Eli, his boyfriend. Who is our last victim. Eli loves attention. He is good looking but he has major flaws. He films everything he does, everywhere he goes and he puts his camera into everyone's face. So that's James' wolf pack. We call them the wolf pack because they are always together. It's very rare you see one of them on their own.
But back to Isaac, "Hey can I borrow you for a second?" I ask walking up to the guys looking only at Isaac. "uh yeah sure." he says confused. I direct him to the bathroom. I look under every stall to make sure no one else is here. "dude, you're being really weird. What's going on?" he questions. "um okay, I need to tell you something that's been going on for a while now," I begin. "I'm dating someone. And that someone is a girl." I say. His jaw drops but the edges of his mouth turn into a smile. "oh my god Josh." he says after a bit. "I know I'm crazy. But I'm crazy about her." I say and sigh feeling relived that he's not angry. "who is this girl?" he smirks. "Colleen. The one in my English class." I say. "oh yeah! She's cute." he replies. "cute?" I question. "okay yeah fine. I'm into girls too." he says. I smile at him and hug him without saying anything. "I've known for a while now, but I've been afraid to tell people." he says and puts his head down. "I'm right here with you buddy." I comfort him. I feel something strange growing in my stomach thinking. Do I tell him? Should I tell him? He breaks my thoughts when he asks another question. "how long have you been with her?" he says being more quiet. "6ish months" I reply. "Hey I have to tell you something else. Only because I trust that you won't tell anyone else." I say not knowing what words are coming out of my mouth. "I got Colleen pregnant." I mumble. "Josh, that is serious." he whispers. "I know I know! We went camping on the long weekend alone and got carried away." I say frowning. He takes a deep breath. "well. that's a tough one. But Josh if any of you need anything. I'm here for you okay?" I laugh a bit not believing it. "thank you so much Isaac. And Colleen and I are sitting in the cafeteria together today, wanna join?" he just nods. I hug him once more to thank him. I take out my phone to text Colleen.

J: Isaac accepts us as a couple! I told him about, you know. And he's eating with us at lunch today.
C: Yay! Tell him thank you so so much! I'll meet you there soon. I love you.

I smile at my screen. Isaac was still beside me so I showed him the text and he smiled.

J: I love you more

I reply. I want to hug her and kiss her right now.

An hour goes by and I'm sitting at a table with Isaac waiting for Colleen. I see her walk in and I wave at her. She smiles and runs to me. I hug her tight. No one seems to really care since people know we've been spending more time together. We sit down across from each other. We both get up and buy some lunch together. We don't get much because we are enjoying being in public together. At one point, I reach out my hand half way across the table. She looks at my hand then my eyes. She smiles as she puts her small hand in mine. Isaac watches our hands and smile. People start to notice as they are walking by. We get some dirty looks. Mia walks by and looks Colleen right in the eye with wide eyes. "what's up with her?" I ask Colleen. "I told her," he says and slightly looks down. Meaning the baby. "and she isn't a fan." she says. I nod sadly. "I'm sorry." I say. "this is on both of us." he says sweetly while rubbing her thumb on my hand. Shane then decides to sit with us. "Still going strong you guys?" Shane asks. We both nod. I hear mine and Colleen's name being whispered all lunch. There are about fifteen minutes until the bell rings. I let go of her hand and stand up. "we're going to the library." I say to the group. Isaac and Colleen follow me. "Hi Becky." I say walking through the door. "Hey you guys." she says back. "Isaac hold on, I just need to talk to Colleen." he nods. I lean Colleen to the back of the library and as soon as she catches up with me, I turn around and kiss her. She places her hands on my back as I hold her face to my lips. "I feel a bump." I say worrying a bit. "babe please. I'll be okay." she says kissing my lips once more. "People saw us." I say smiling. "yeah I know, but we did get a look of dirty looks." she says sadly. "but it's a start." I remind her. I kiss her deeply one last time before she turns to go back to Becky and Isaac. She thanks Isaac and tells Becky she's pregnant. Becky gives her a sympathy look and looks like what she's about to say, she will regret it..

-

|vote|

|Comment|

|Do All The Things|

long ass chapter wow

follow meh,

Instagram: @hashtag_hailey

Twitter: @HotForColleen