I Think You're Ready

*Joshua's pov*
it's been a few days and my mothers are warming up to the idea of Colleen and I as a couple. Colleen hasn't  gone back home. She hasn't even got out of my eye sight. It's not fair that she is scared of her parents for being herself. She comes to school with me everyday. We told Shane about us. He completely understood. I was shocked. He then explained to us that he's currently with a girl. it's only been about a week but they haven't even kissed. I'm so thankful I have two amazing mothers that can accept me for who I am. She is stuck on me like glue. I'm not complaining but if she continues people will catch on. I try to stop her most of the time but she's scared to run into one of her dads. She wants to go talk to them today after school but she wants me with her. I have no idea what to do and I'm terrified.

*Colleen's pov*
Today is the first day I'm not going to lunch with Joshua. I walk in and Becky welcomes me. She is updated with everything in my life right now and the first thing she asks was about my situation with my parents. I tell her that I want to talk to my dads tonight and I want Joshua with me. "alright I think you're ready" she mumbles and sits down. I sit across the table from her. "I was about you're age when I knew I liked boys." she begins. I listen intensely to every word she says. She fell in love with a boy. Damien. They had strong feelings for each other and one day they kissed. They knew they were meant for each other but couldn't be together. They started dating in secret, until one person found out. Her name was Alexis. She was popular, pretty and everything you wanted to be. But when she knew one persons secret the whole school would know within hours. Alexis saw Becky and Damien kiss and had to tell everyone. They both were suspended, treated like garbage and had detention for the rest of that year. And that is why Becky understands what Joshua and I are living right now. She wants us to be together. I needed this talk. She has never told me this story before but now I'm glad she did. I am going home tonight and standing up for me and Joshua. We deserve to be happy. And I'm only happy when I'm with Joshua.

-
leave feedback? 💕
like? 👍
thanks for reading! 😋
shit is about to get real.