Everything Is Going To Be Fine

*Joshua's pov*
Colleen knocked on my door in tears. Once she explained to me what happened, anger fills my body. I physically and mentally do not understand why people cannot love who they want. It will not affect any other human being besides Colleen and I. I'm sure a lot more people have feeling for someone they shouldn't and are going through the same struggles but not doing anything about it. I'm done. I'm done hiding my relationship. That's it. I let go of Colleen and march down stairs. I see both my mothers sitting on the couch. "I need to tell you something." I say blocking the television from them. "what is it sweetie?" my mothers asks. "I'm in love." I pause. "with Colleen" their jaws drop. I look up and Colleen is standing in the stair case. Her eyes are all red a puffy from crying so much. I feel so bad. "Joshua you know you can't be." Lisa, my mom says. "why not mom? why can't I date a girl. I'm a boy who has feelings for a girl. what's so wrong with that?" I shout at both of them. "Joshua. Colleen is going to have to leave now." my mom says. I want to punch her but I don't have the heart to. "no she isn't." I say sternly. "that's why she's here. She told her dads and they punished her. So she came here. She is staying tonight or were both leaving." I say. I have a serious look on my face. I glance up at Colleen and she's wiping a tear that fell from her face. She knows I've never yelled at my moms like this. But I'd do it for Colleen. I'd do anything for that girl. My mothers look at each other and don't say another word. I can't believe them. I run upstairs and Colleen does to. She sits on my bed and looks down at the ground. I kneel down to make her look at me. I take my finger and lift her chin up to make eye contact with me. "hey. it's done." is all I say. She wraps her arms around my neck tightly hugging me. We stand up and hug for a good five minutes until I hear a knock at my door. I let go of Colleen's hips and unlock my door. They come in silent and sit on my bed. Colleen sits on the computer chair in the corner of my room and puts her face in her knees. "we just want to understand." my mom, Gwen says breaking the silents. "ask your questions" I say with an annoyed tone in my voice. "not questions just tell us everything" "we met at school 5ish months ago and have been together ever since." I say. They listen carefully. "who else knows?" "Colleen's parents, Mia and the librarian at school. Her name is Becky and was one of Colleen's only friends before I met her." Lisa gets up and hugs Colleen. Colleen didn't expect it but she hugged her back anyway. "Colleen can stay for as long as she needs. We will talk more about this in the morning. But now you guys should get to sleep." Colleen and I both nod. They leave the room. Colleen shyly looks up at me. "I have no clothes." she says quietly. "it's okay baby I have some here." I say and rub her shoulders gently. I hand her one of her favourite t-shirts of mine and some sweat pants. She gets into them and cuddles into me. I put my arm around her shoulder and kiss her head. "I don't want to go home." Colleen says scared. "everything is going to be fine. I promise."

-
leave feedback? 💕
like? 👍
thanks for reading! 😋
what are they going to do?