I'm Dating A Boy

*Colleen's pov*
I'm so sad to pack up and leave today! Joshua and I had an amazing time in the woods all alone. We get back to town and I drop Josh off. I kissed his hand fast so no one else saw. I hug him and whisper I love you in his ear. He whispers it back in mine and walks back to his house.i get back in my car and drive. I hug my dads and they ask about my time. "It was fun! I had the best time." I respond. "How was Mia?" my dad Tim asks kind of suspiciously. "She was okay" I asks in a question tone in my voice. "oh that's really funny because we talked to Mia's moms. They said that Mia was at home sick throwing up. And never got an invite to a camp out." he says. My jaw drops. I just want to cry. "I.. um" I stutter. my throat is dry. "Colleen Mae Ballinger where were you this weekend." my dad yells. "I was at camp I swear. I just didn't go with Mia." I barely make out. "who did you go with then?" I swallow hard. "Joshua." I saw quietly. "why didn't you tell us? Joshua is an okay guy. You just know you cannot date boys." my other dad says. "oh yeah I know I know." I answer stupidly. Then I think. I will tell them eventually. it's now or never. "actually dad." I say. They both look back at me. I freeze. But I have to do this now. "I um.... I'm dating a boy." I say with my head down. "excuse me?" they say in unison. And they sounded as if I just called them cowards. "I'm dating Joshua." I mumble. I look up for a second and they look like I just murdered someone in front of their eyes. "I'm sorry okay but you cannot control who I love!" I yell at them. I've never yelled at my parents like that. "Colleen that is sick and disgusting! Go up to your room and think about what you just told us." I can't take it anymore. Without saying one more word I grab my car keys and my coat. I run out of my house and burst into tears. "Colleen Mae! Where do you think you're going!" they yell. I ignore them and drive away. I drive to Joshua's house uncontrollably crying. I knock at his door and his mom sees me in tears. "is Joshua here?" I say quietly. I see his head pop up in the living room and he runs to me when he sees me. He runs and hugs me. I sob on his should as he holds me. "can we talk?" I say and pull away from him. he nods and we go upstairs. "Colleen what's wrong?" He asks and I know he genuinely wants to know. "I told my dads." I say. without hesitation he pulls me into his body. "oh baby" he whispers in my ear. I hug him back.

-
leave feedback? 💕
like? 👍
thanks for reading! 😋