Chapter 27

It was Friday. Shaneil was going on that trip to the Grand Cannon, she left 7 a.m. sharp and she was happy to be going on this trip, I could tell.

They picked her up in front of our apartment building and she was all smiles and kisses before she went on the bus. I waved goodbye as she went on and that was the last time I saw her.

Now, I was at home all alone. It was hard for me to let go of my baby but I had to. She needed to discover the world little by little, she needed to become independent: be by herself and still stay strong. God, I was acting like she was going away for months. It was just one day Shania, calm down.

I pushed all my worries to the back of my mind. I had something to do today that need to be done. I pulled myself into the bathroom, took a long warm bath and clothed myself. I threw on a black t-shirt with 'Bitch I Don't Play' written in pink cursive and a blue jeans shorts, the ends trashy.

I pulled on my strapped pink slippers and did my hair in a high ponytail. I went to the left drawer on my dresser and pulled it out. I grabbed a few letters, the ring and my keys.

I ran out of my apartment, down the stairs, out the lobby and into my Blue Bird. I placed my bag on the passenger seat and began to look at the letters for an address.

When I got it, I pushed in the keys, pressed the gas and sped off. I pulled up at a two-story house, stepped out of my car and walked up to it, my bag clutched against my side.

The house was made of red bricks, it had five windows and a grey roof. The lawn was cut low, there was a cherry tree at the front, a paved path and a shack at the back of the house.

I walked up to the wooden door and knocked.

A minute later a shirtless Daniel came into view with a towel over his left shoulder. I gulped as my eyes ran down his well chiselled abs, and down to his V line covered by black sweatpants.

He looked like a shiny, caramel man in the chocolate city.

Shan, snap out of it! You have a job to do, focus... I urged myself.

"Nia," he said teasingly.

"Huh?"

"Close your mouth, you'll catch a fly," he smirked.

I closed my mouth and glared at him. I pushed past him and walked into the chocolate room.

"We need to talk," I said firmly.

He was about to answer when a female's voice cut him off. "Jack, the room's okay now."

She came down the wooden stairs and walked over to him.

The room's okay now? Jack?

What is that blonde skinny piece of thread doing here? In Daniel's room... She has five minutes to get out before I snap her like a twig.

I glared at her and Daniel must have seen it because he said. "Rhonda. We'll finish this later."

"But, we have so much to do," she groaned, holding his arm.

"Perdonme, perra... Levantate y sale esta casa!" I said to her angrily.

"Perdonme?" she asked her blue eyes staring at me. She had an offended look on her face.

"Sale mi esposo, va a la puerta y sale aqui, ahora! Or I'll snap you like a twig! Leave."

Rhonda and Daniel looked at me shocked.

"You're still here?!" I asked raising a brow, crossing my hands over my chest.

As fast as she came she left, in that skin-tight, grey pencil dress.