Chapter 18

The sun streamed through the window, its golden streaks dancing on my face. I opened my eyes to find the space beside me empty. I got up frightened and as I moved, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into a firm chest.

"Morning sunshine," his soft velvety voice filled my ears as he stroked my hair.

"Morning," I smiled and turned to face him. "You look happy."

"I am. I'm lying with a strong, sexy and beautiful woman wrapped in my arms and to top it off she is the one that owns my heart," he replied as he caressed my cheek.

I stared at him, with a smile plastered on my face. He loved me; I could see it in his eyes. If he didn't he wouldn't have rescued me or risked his life for me.

After a few minutes of silence, I finally spoke. "I love you, more."

"I love you the most," he replied.

"I love you to infinity," I said as I grabbed his head and pulled him into a kiss.

Our kiss was quick but it was full of passion. I pulled away, looking in his eyes with a smile and attempted to get up out of the bed. As I said attempted.

As I got up he pulled me back down. I started to push him off so I could get up but he just held on to me. We stayed there for a while playfully fighting until he finally pinned me down.

"Where are you going?" he asked sounding like a five-year-old child. "Stay."

"I wanna pee," I whined. "Let me go and I'll come back to you, I promise."

He finally let me up so I could go to the bathroom. I wrapped the sheet around me, leaving him naked on the bed and walked to the bathroom.

The bathroom was breath taking. It had royal blue tiles halfway up the wall and above that were cream tiles. The fixtures were pale pink and the shower was a walk-in shower. The cream tiles had patterns of flowers and they looked spectacular.

I quickly used the toilet and washed my hands. My eyes drifted to the mirror and I paused taking in my appearance. My face was a bit swollen, red and banged up but I had a smile plastered across my face and I was glowing.

I felt alive, just like the first time I went out with him.

I remembered it clearly. He took me roller-skating, I can remember him falling a couple of times when he got in the rink and me laughing at him hysterically.

After a few pouts and pleads from him, though, I had agreed to help him. I had to let him pay for that macho 'roller skating isn't hard for a man like me' speech first. So, I ended up guiding him around the rink and after few tries, he had it.

We skated all night in the rink, he even tried lifting me a couple of times and spinning me around which ended up with me falling on top of him when he lost balance. We also raced around the rink, I won of course while he ended up on his butt a few times because I bounced him.

When we left the roller rink I was all smiles, it was the best time I ever had and it didn't stop there. He took me for a walk in the park; we talked about what we liked, disliked, etc. It was going grand but nothing was as fantastic as what happened at the end.

He brought me to a stream at a vacant area at the park. At first, I was a bit scared that he was bringing me to an empty part of the park. I was thinking all kinds of crazy things like he was a serial killer trying to kill me but when I saw the view all those thoughts were gone and I was amazed.

Over the stream was a bridge, it was illuminated by candles that were on the rails. He walked me to the centre of the bridge; I leaned on the railing and watched as the stream glimmered. It reflected the candlelight and moonlight, I was like a light show in the water.