Chapter 7

Agent Bromez made her way towards the living room. The house was silent, dark and there was no way out. She held up the guns towards the ceiling, leaned on the wall beside the door to the living room and listened for any sound. She gripped the guns, pointed them outwards and walked in. There was no one in sight.

Bromez walked further into the room staying alert for the faintest sound. She looked behind her, in front of her and towards the stairs but saw no one. She was a few feet away from the stairs when she looked behind her once again.

Just as she did, she heard a whoosh as a sword sliced through the air. Bromez jumped to the right and it grazed her left shoulder. She rolled and pointed her gun towards the area under the stairs.

Gone.

She continued to roam the area looking out for him.

Swoosh, swoosh, was all she heard as blades were thrown in her direction.

Bromez jumped to the right avoiding the first one, cartwheeled as the second one went past her stomach and split as the third went over her head. Using the gun to take the impact of the fourth, she wasn't fast enough to dodge the fifth.

It buried itself in her side. Bromez rose to her feet just in time to dodge the down sweep of his sword. He swung the sword to the right; she dodged it. He swung it to the left towards her head, she ducked and his foot came in contact with her face.

Bromez collided with the wall.

Damn, he's too fast and her guns aren't going to stop him... but what else could she do? she thought.

She raised her hands and started firing nonstop at him. As if they were in a movie, he used his blades to hit all the bullets sending them flying all over the room.

Ping, ping, ping.

Is he playing ping-pong with the bullets? Shit.

Bromez ran towards the kitchen door while firing at him.

Maybe she could make a run for it.

A foot away from the door the bullets ran out so Bromez tossed the guns at him and dove for the door. He jumped up and kicked the guns back at her. One hit her in the side and the other on her thigh.

"Ugh," she groaned in pain as she fell to the ground holding her thigh.

Bromez was a mess, her hair was a bird's nest and it was redder now thanks to the blood. Her dress was red as well; her shoulder, her side and her leg had blood dripping from them. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was black and blue.

She watched Kyn as he came towards her. She needed to get out of here and help Shania. She was the key to getting Daniel to testify against Kane. She needed Kane to pay for his crimes, for killing her family. That was her mission and she needed to accomplish it.

Bromez as young as she was had lost gravelly and now, she only had her job. Her daughter and husband lost because she was closing in on him... Her revenge was what kept her going now and she would complete it even if it killed her.

Kyn moved slowly towards her. He looked like an undertaker ready to decapitate her.

"Sad, pathetic, little agent. What can you do now little bitch?" he asked as he approached her.

"Killed by a Japanese bitch— what a way to go out. You should really lose the mascara, puta..."

He gave a small chuckle and she grinned. He held up his sword and brought it down towards her but before it could touch her... Bromez grabbed the broom next to her and held it up. The blade broke the stick and as it did, she kicked him where the sun didn't shine.