Chapter 15 - King Charlie

(A/N: Sorry for the delay in updates

(A/N: Sorry for the delay in updates...internet issues [again!] and a couple of big assignments to complete. :/)

Chapter 15

"You would think a group of old-crows would be able to hold their alcohol." Mum grumbled as she stood on the table and scraped the bread of a Subway wrap from off the ceiling, "Australians can't hold their alcohol. They sooooo can't hold their alcohol."

"I'm Australian." I muttered, "I can hold my alcohol."

Mum stopped dead in her tracks as she turned to me and raised an eyebrow before saying, "The only alcohol you have ever had is a sip of wine at church and a lid full of cider at the 2029 Christmas party."

"I could still hold it." I pointed out.

Mum folded her arms as she rolled her eyes and sighed, "You didn't have enough of it to technically need to 'hold' it."

I was curious now as I asked, "How much would I need to get drunk?"

"You're an Australian." Mum scoffed, "You would only need a quarter of a glass of cider."

I took Mum's word for it and made a not to myself that when I turned eighteen, I was going to get a quarter of a glass of cider and obtain the rights of being drunk much like how Milly probably had at his party. That was the dream and it would be great!

Last night all my siblings had evidently gotten very drunk and in the morning they had all evidently left. Dad was the only one home and he was in bed with a severe hangover. I had gone to bed relatively early to avoid the mess my siblings had made but I had been kept up with all the ramblings that had happened in the night.

From what I heard, tucked under the safety of my covers, the ACT had continued to be a jerk to the point where Western Australia and South Australia left the house; WA had also added the threat that he would leave the country and become independent. The NT and NSW had both partaken in tossing the bread of the Subway wraps at each other whilst Victoria drunk herself to sleep at the table as for Dad, I was 99% sure he went on a nudie streak down the road before the police intercepted him and returned him back. It sounded terribly chaotic and I was glad I had avoided the whole night but a small part of me wished that I was old enough to partake in the rampage of drinking where you could just let loose and forget for a few hours that you stood for more than the majority of society.

Eve was giving the trashed living room and extremely disapproving look as she marched around in a bright pink Sleeping Beauty costume. She was putting out a lot of attitude today; kicking about empty beer cans which had been discarded on the carpet and putting her hands on her hips as she shook her head and said, "This is crap. This is yucky crap."

Mum's initial word when she came into the house today was; crap. Actually it was a repetitive sentence solely composed of crap. Her weekend away had come to a cruel end with her now having to clear up a mess she had not contributed in making.