Chapter 7 - The Braginskaya-Williams Clan

Chapter 7

In perhaps the world's largest underappreciated country, chaos had been unfolding for hours after America's proclamation of war. The quiet country's citizens were displeased with the very potential possibility of following their geographically lower neighbours into a ridiculously momentous outbreak of rage. Personally, Canada felt obliged to back-up his troublesome brother in what seemed like a moment of insanity however in the sense of being his own country, Canada was very reluctant.

America had always been the country to jump in to things a little too fast. The American Revolutionary War for starters, was carried out with a rushed urgency of rebellion. The establishment of America right from 1607 and the harsh British control had been done with in less than a decade. Canada had felt like it had taken a mere blink before the neighbouring colony of his brother had become an independent country. In WWI, America had entered in 1917 which happened to be 3 years after the whole conflict officially started. Merely a year later after America had entered, the war finished. WWII was much the same as WWI with America; it was officially recognized as starting in 1938 yet the boisterous nation had been arguably forced to enter it in 1941 and had also, arguably, won it for the world in 1945.

Canada would not have worried about his brother's brashness in jumping in to world events if he had only considered America's success in WWI and WWII but there were also significant failures that his brother had gotten into. The very varied Cold War, despite allegedly winning it, had not been America's finest moment or the deplorable proxy war of Vietnam that accompanied it. Even more recent conflicts had caused dire grey problems; the war against terrorism was certainly not black and white. It could not really be said that America had come off better from pursuing terrorists for deaths were deaths—who could possibly be declared a winner or rather 'successful' when innocent lives had been taken all in the name of peace?

Canada had always been on America's side—even if it was subtle or even if it was with the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth was also (and often reluctantly) always on America's side. It was more easier back then though...back when citizens did not feel the need to spike uprising in order to influence their human representative's opinion. Naturally, no one wanted war and although the idea of world peace was absolutely unattainable, people donated their lives to the impossible cause. Ever since the discovery of the "Human Nations" had been made, people of the world had gone crazy in influencing the majority's opinion in order to change certain parts of their country.

Years ago, teenagers in Australia had decided to band together and create a petition on the internet to declare war on the state of Tasmania. The majority of enthusiasts put their name down on the petition which lead to Jack Kirkland temporarily detesting the island below his mainland and almost sending in an invasion against his own people. If it had not been for the forever cynical Maxine and her quick searching for the route of her husband's change of attitude, lives were inevitably going to be lost.