Together we gathered up the bags that we had just brought in and loaded them back into the car. He was shivering when we climbed in. I turned on the heat and reached out for his hand. "You have no idea how much I love you." I told him again. I could tell him all day long, and never need a response because all I wanted was for him to know that I truly cared about him.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier." I told him. "I was trying to put off making you upset."

He shook his head. "I'm not upset, just nervous." He said. 

"Thank you," I said seriously. 

I put the car into drive and started out to the road. I took the back way the entire time holding Niall's hands.

When things began to look familiar again I felt Niall's grip tighten on my hand. 

"I'm sorry." I said looking over at him. 

He shook his head. "It's okay....C-Can you sing for me?"

I smiled and began to quietly sing along to the radio. I slowed down coming up to my house. 

"It's going to be okay." I said as I pulled up to the side of the road. "I'll try to make it quick."

His eyes traveled around the neighborhood taking it all in. His house was just around the corner.

I leaned over and pressed a heavy kiss to his cheek and then climbed out.  I stumbled up the stairs just as a bolt lighting cracked across the sky. I pulled opened the door and stepped inside. My mum looked up from the book she was reading, her face was unreadable. She stood up and locked her eyes with mine.

"Hi mum." I mumbled.

"Come here." She said opening her arms for me. I moved to her and hugged her tightly. "Did they find anything?" I asked hoping to keep her from asking me where I was.

"Yeah," She said. "Niall was definitely there, Maura is a mess. Can you believe it, just when they were ready to put this all away he comes up again."

"So what did they find?" I asked.

"You're father said it was a journal, or maybe a diary with a suicide note in it."

My heart faltered. His notebook that I had left on the floor. Shit.

"Suicide note?" I questioned, pretending like I didn't already know. 

"Yeah," She said. "Now they are on high alert. They think he might have headed off into the next town over." 

Next town over, that was where Niall was. Are you fucking kidding me?

"Mom, I have to go." I said.

"What? Harold, no you don't." She said grabbing my arm.

"I promise I will explain it all when I get back." I told her. "It will all come out soon enough." 

"What is that supposed to mean?" She shouted after me. 

I couldn't believe that this was happening.

Just then there were 3 heavy, frantic knocks on the door. 

"Are you expecting anyone?" My mum spat. 

I shook my head and moved quickly to the door. Praying that it wasn't my dad with Niall in handcuffs. I pulled open the door to find the little face that I knew so well.

"Niall." I whispered. He was dripping wet from the pouring down rain. 

"I'm sorry," He whispered. "But you're dad, he's just down the block." He trembled. I leaned out of the house to see my dad's car parked in  Niall's driveway.

"Shit." I muttered. 

"Harry? Who is it?" She asked.

"Uhh, no one mum..." I tried to cover as I pulled Niall into the house. My mum came around the corner and her jaw dropped. Her eyes were so big I thought they were going to drop out of her skull.

"Mum I will explain everything, but I need you to help me." I begged.

She nodded, still in shock. "Okay, okay." 

"Dad is right now the street, He can't know." I told her.

She nodded again. "Okay, get him into your room."

"Did he see you?" She asked Niall. He nodded. "I think so."

"Harry take his jacket, you're going to tell your dad that it was you, okay?" She asked.

"Thank you mum!" I said and pressed a kiss to her cheek. 

"Get Niall out of here!" She said. 

I pulled Niall's jacket off and put it on and then shuffled him into my room.

vote.COMMENT.fan.