Past 9: The Calm Before The Storm

I'm very thankful to the people who are still reading this! Like really, you guys are awesome! I love reading your comments and I promise to do my best! I loved writing this chapter...and I hope you'll enjoy it. Hope I won't bore you.

Love love <3

fallen_blue_angel

. . .

June 18, 2007

Marionette found her father's actions suspicious. He didn't try to find work today. They were barely living since the day he lost his job. But what was happening today?

Nathan Hale was packing...weird stuff inside a black sling back and left the house abruptly. Mary decided to follow him. 'Was that a toy gun?'

After a few minutes of walking, Nathan stopped in front of a big building. 'Calloway's Jewelry Shop' was the sign in front. She hid behind a lamp post to observe his actions. She saw him enter the building.

'Will he try to get hired here?'

After all, her father managed to get hired in the company 'Strike' which was owned by the Matthews'. Is it possible for him to get hired in the one of the Calloway's? Marionette thinks it's not possible...but very doubtful.

After a few minutes of waiting, Marionette heard police sirens coming their way. He saw her father run out of the building carrying a new bag. It looked heavy. He saw a man chasing him, probably the security guard.

Marionette ran to where they headed. When she caught up, she saw her father getting in a car which clearly wasn't his. The car sped up, leaving her and the man chasing her father behind.

"What...now? My little darling Chica will be so disappointed in me!"

She ignored the man's hysterics as she ran to a shortcut. Somehow, she knew where her father was going. 

Marionette was panting as she stood in the middle of the road. A car which her father stole was directly going to her direction at fast speed.

Her father just stole. He was a thief. And it was a crime, as much as she knew.

And Marionette will not let this pass. She was the only one who can stop him.

She breathed in...10 meters....9 meters....8 meters...it was getting closer.

His own daughter is in the middle of the road. There's no way he'll run her over, right?

7 meters...

Marionette's heart clenched. 'He...won't stop.'

'If he's going to be like this...then I'll just die.'

"Look out!"

She felt small hands with strong force pushing her. She landed on the other side of the road...She looked up with wide eyes....

She went closer to the small body lying on the ground. It was too late. Marionette saw that it was a girl...with unusual pink hair. She held her hand which was pale and cold. Blood.