Repairing what is broken

~6 months later~
Natsu's Pov:

Sleeping has been so much easier recently. It's been a long time since Lucy has had a nightmare from what she has been through and when I cuddle her at night sometimes I can feel the baby kicking. Although when I cuddle her I can also feel the scar along her front, it nearly covers her baby belly. Lucy is now around 7 months pregnant, we have bought a cute little cot for the baby. I also bought a few dragon toys when I went out because dragons! Without Lucy knowing I also bought a blue mermaid doll which has blue hair. I bought it because it looks like Aquarius.

The room is decorated a light green colour with little stars and constellations on the walls, the toys in a box at the other side of the room. I am so excited for the baby to be born, I am tired of waiting now. Do you think the baby will be a mage?

After a while of laying there pondering my thoughts I decided to get out of bed however when I looked at the clock it showed 3am. When I looked to my side Lucy was gone. "Lucy?! Where are you?" Then with my dragon hearing I could hear small sobs and I could smell tears coming from Happy's closet. She must be hiding inside. I stumbled into the room waking up Happy. After, we quietly approached the closet , Lucy was in tears, she couldn't stop, she even had to catch her breath. After that we quietly heard "Go away." Come from the closet. "No Luce we're staying" Happy stated in return.

Then we quietly opened the closet to reveal a curled up Lucy's tears rolling down her face. "Darling...? Want to talk?" She gazed up at Happy and I. "In private please." Her voice got quieter through each word. Happy flew out of the room. However I could hear him stood outside the door listening in but it's because he cares. I turned back to Lucy trying to take her in my arms, she struggled away. Hormones again I'm guessing. "Don't Natsu, I don't deserve it." My voice turned to worry. "What?" She began to wail, even more tears flowing out. "I can't be a mother Natsu, I'm not ready. I'm a horrible person and I don't want this child to be like me." My mouth dropped, is she serious? "Lucy I want our child to be like you, kind, happy, caring, beautiful. I'm not ready either Lucy but I have you and you have me. We'll get through this Lucy. Trust me." Lucy's tears began to dry up. "Really?" I smirked at her "Really Lucy."

I then pulled her into my arms wrapping her with my warmth. We then drifted to sleep on Happy's floor. He came back in and decided to join in the cuddle some time in the night. All we're doing is adding an extra member to our family. How hard can it be?

Lucy's Pov:

Later after that incident Natsu and I walked to the guild hand in hand. Happy giggling whilst using my baby belly as a seat, I guess it is getting quite big now. At least everything with the dark guilds has finished. They only send small attacks after us, they aren't very effective though but Natsu always jumps in front of me. He has become even more protective now that I'm carrying our child. I enjoy it though. I'm glad he cares for me.

We approached the guild doors pushing them gently open. Our eyes grew to find the dark guild that guarded the temple taking over our guild. Even more powerful mages then before severely injuring our guild members. Natsu, Happy and I ran in. I pulled out my keys Loke and Taurus, immediately getting looks from the dark guild. Had they come for me? Natsu jumped into the air above me, using his dragon slayer magic to keep the dark mages off me. Loke and Taurus took out a couple of the mages that surrounded Wendy. After a couple of blinks though I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Screaming I dropped to the floor, as a dark mage used a powerful attack punching me across the guild. My eyes grew wider when I looked down at my stomach. MY BABY! Tears streamed down my face. Nastu hadn't noticed yet, he was focused on his battle. I struggled out of the guild, clutching my stomach. The dark Mage following "Oh Lucy  Heartfilia, the Dark Gate has been fixed and is waiting for your return." F..f..fixed. Nightmares clouded my vision. "No..No! I'm not going back. Never!" I stammered to my feet single handedly using Urano Metria pushing him away from me knocking him unconscious.

My magic level had then depleted, I didn't have enough energy to fight and my..my baby... Are they okay? Tears then again began to roll down my face. Great third time today! I hid outside at the front of the guild, ducking under explosions caused by Natsu. He was going mad with his power. Eventually I saw the dark guild members fleeing. This is the worst attack they have sent our way since masters return. I looked down blood staining my front, my scar had reopened. I could hear Natsu shouting my name inside but I was focused on my stomach. I was so worried, did I kill the baby?!

Everyone got up and started searching round the guild for me, they were worried that the dark guild had taken me back. That was until Happy discovered me hidden outside. He was about to tell everyone then he saw my stomach. He flew down at max speed into my arms. "They're alright aren't they Lucy?" I turned my face away, I really didn't know. Happy grasped me tighter, his tears dripped onto my stomach. Wiping away some of the blood. Happy then got the attention of the guild. Erza carrying me to the room, Wendy instantly trying to heal me.

At the back I could hear Natsu trying to make his way to me. When he got to the side of my bed, tears dropped out his eyes. He placed his hand on my stomach. "LUCY IS THE BABY OKAY?!" Tears rolled down my cheeks. I don't know, I tried to say it but I couldn't. "LUCY!" Wendy spoke up pulling him into a hug. "Calm down Natsu, the baby is okay." His tears kept falling but he began to smile, my smile also grew. The..y...they're okay.

The guild then began to clean the hall, some people drifting in and out the room to either get healed or visit someone who had been injured. I just couldn't get the fact that they came back for me out of my mind. I will never go back and I will protect this child!