Lucy's Trail

Happy's Pov:

Once everyone had arrived back at the camp I directed them in the direction of Natsu. They all seemed to have more hopeful faces and I get to see mummy again. Am I aloud to call her that? Well Natsu is my dad and no doubt she will be his, he says so in his sleep. I just love to snuggle in her lap. I let out a loud purr. Carla looked at me with a smile and just giggled.

Once we arrived back at Natsu, I sat on his shoulder. We were up in the front with Gajeel trying to track down Lucy. "No it's this way Salamander" Natsu turned from the direction we were going in. "No it's this way Gajeel!" His face scrunched as he look at Natsu. "I think I know what I'm doing salamander." Natsu glared and took a step closer to Gajeel. "I should know I have smelt her more often then you have, I bet you don't even know what she smells like." Shock overwhelmed Gajeel and a smirk arose on his face after a few seconds. "Vanilla and cherry blossoms...?" I could feel Natsu heat up, I started to fly above as Natsu ran at Gajeel. "BASTARD!"

I blinked one eye and then I saw Natsu laying on the floor, Erza towering over him. Natsu just whimpered and carried on walking in the direction he was going before. Everyone just followed Natsu from then on even Gajeel. Whilst walking I noticed Wendy looking quite upset. Carla told me it was because she didn't have a very good sense of smell like over dragon slayers and wanted to help.

We walked for a couple of hours, Natsu must have a really good sense of smell to track her from the distance we've travelled.

Natsu's Pov:

I could smell it, blood. Lots and lots of it. Gajeel and I shared a look. Heck even Wendy could pick up on the scent. If I was Lucy's I swear! I walked at a faster pace whilst the others behind me struggled to catch up, we had been walking for miles. At this point it was getting late and everyone needed to rest if we were going to get Lucy back. I wanted to do nothing more then to charge in there and get to her, cuddle her, beat up the arse holes that put her there. However I didn't want to put my other nakama in danger.

We set up camp, not far from where we were headed but far enough so that they couldn't see us. More then 50 mages in a forest camping together is quite noticeable. We set up the shelters again and everyone fell to sleep one by one. Gajeel fell asleep with his arm around Levy's waist pulling her close to him. The same thing was also happening with Gray and Juvia.  In the end it was only me and happy still awake.

"I miss mummy Natsu." My eyes widened, mummy? He didn't know his mum. "Happy you don't know who she is?" Happy looked at me confused for a second. Then realised what he said. "I didn't mean as in another exceed Natsu. I meant Lucy." My mouth dropped, Lucy? Mummy? We were like a family. My heart beat started to increase pace. Before I could get grasp of my thoughts Happy continued  "Can I call her that Natsu?" I quickly nodded and said yes. It seemed to make him smile and she won't mind. She treats him like her little child. Maybe one day we will be a family?

After that we drifted off to sleep, a little snoring Happy cradled in my arms. Everyone was up early morning. Getting ready to attack. We didn't even know about our enemy's but we know they have Lucy and we're going to get her back. As everyone was awakening we were training. Having fights among ourselves. Finally after training for a year I can unleash my full power. Well maybe not full. Happy was even training. He used max speed to deliver a hard blow to the training doll. Even Carla looked impressed. "Yes happy!" He gave me a grin. "Aye sir!"

Wendy was healing those who had fought eachother to make sure they could still fight in a couple of hours. I struggled to train, so did Gajeel. We could still smell a very strong scent. Blood. Gajeel looked at me from across the camp giving me a reassuring nod. As long as I get Lucy there is nothing to worry about. My goal in life was to beat Erza and become S class. Now they aren't even important, my goal in life now was to protect Happy and Lucy, my family.

Since master was now gone, which is our next mission. Mirajane was using her most powerful takeovers. She was no longer 'forbidden'. Which is good because she is extremely powerful. Gray and Juvia practiced there unison raid, completely obliterating a training dummy. Eventually time went by and it was to time to advance.

We took down the shelters and strode quietly through the forest towards the scent. Everything was silent nobody spoke a word. What if someone was here? They could kill Lucy if they knew we were here. We had to be the first to attack. Erza had planned out the strategy but got quickly turned down as Mavis appeared. The first master told us of the best possible point of attack. The chances of success were 30%. 30%! The best plan didn't have a very good chance of being successful but I would rather take my chances then let Lucy die.

After a while we came to a place that looked like ruins. However they were clearly in use when guards walked out the main door and stood at the entrance. We used the trees around the ruins for cover. As we all spread out around the perimeter looking for the best possible entrance. We all converged back at the front of the ruins. In ready stances to start our offensive attack. We all put our hands in the air. We all looked at one another before simultaneously running out of cover and towards the first two guards. It was time to take back what's ours!