Shopping Trip

Lucy's Pov:

I have had to visit the infirmary every day since returning from the city without sound. It's been about two weeks now and my leg is becoming easier to walk on. However Natsu is being protective and insists he carries me everywhere. It's really cute. It's only 2 weeks until I have my child and I'm dreading it. I've been hiding it though, I have cried in the bath a bit more often then I should. I just don't think I will be a good mother. Layla cared for me and treated me so well, I could not compare whilst my dad failed to show me love throughout my childhood. Right now I'm sat in the bathroom, the door locked and tears rolling down my face. My hormones are all over and I just know that I'm going to be terrible.

I was sat there bawling my eyes out until I heard a knock on the bathroom door. It was Happy "Luce are you okay in there?" How can I answer when I'm literally shaking. "Y..eah" I said whilst letting out a small hiccup. Happy didn't believe it "Luce let me in, you're obviously not." Maybe I can tell Happy just not Natsu he can't know I feel like this. What if he is upset and he probably thinks the same. He thinks I'm going to be terrible aswell. I unlocked the door before climbing back into the bath. Happy flew slowly behind. "Happy? I'm scared, I don't want this baby." Happy stared at me in shock "Why Luce?!" My gaze met his "It's not that I don't want to have one, it's because I can't Happy. I'm going to be a horrible mother. Who'd want me as a mother!" Tears rolled down Happy's face as well as my own until he flew into my arms. I didn't even care I was naked at this point. "I want you as my mother Luce! I love you." Our tears one by one rolled into the bath as I calmed down. "Thank you Happy." After that Happy flew over with a towel and helped me out of the bath.

Natsu's Pov:

She doesn't want the baby. Because she thinks she will be a bad mother? Lucy is perfect in every way how could she fail being a mother. Does she also not think that I can't hear her crying with my dragon senses but every time I bring it up she either pretends she didn't hear it or denies it. At least now I know why. My thoughts were zooming around my head until Lucy and Happy emerged from the bathroom. I need to hide my sadness and encourage her without letting her know I found out. "Hey Lucy let's go baby shopping, I'm sure you being an amazing mother will know what's best to  buy for the baby." Nailed it. I should be applauded for that. She gave me a quick nod and headed into our room to change.

Eventually Lucy came out wearing a pale blue lacey dress and a sun hat. Whilst I wore the usual. Wait I just realised what do we buy if we don't know the gender? Lucy will know. "Right darling, ready to go?" She nodded again. What's with her and not saying words, then she placed my arm around her and snuggled into me. She's so cute.

We walked around Magnolias shops until we found a baby place. It had cots and toys and bottles. Prams, food, just everything. Plus it's Lucy's baby shower tomorrow so maybe we will get some items from the party. We walked round hand in hand pointing at cute items for the baby. Most of the things she pointed out were green and yellow so it's gender neutral I guess. Boys like pink though I mean look at me. It was weird walking around though because the other pregnant women in the shop didn't seem to be as 'big' as Lucy was. Maybe they just weren't as far into pregnancy or something. Finally we arrived at the toys, now I need to find a dragon luckily it didn't take long because on the shelf was a 16" red dragon. Plus it looked like Igneel. Lucy knew what she was looking for though as she shuffled through all the shelves until pulling out one of those spinning music playing things. "Natsu look at this, you place it on the cot above the baby and it plays cute tunes while spinning and look what's on the end of the hooks. Stars!" It would be stars but it really was a cute toy, sleeping thing. A small room next to Happy's had already been dug out and painted in yellow and green plus we had already bought a white cot to go inside. After shopping for hours upon end we walked out the baby shop with bags full of items. Obviously I had to carry them all but at least Lucy was smiling again.

When we got home Happy helped me pull all the bags in and place them in the baby room. We can decorate it tomorrow though, all that shopping tired me out. I threw myself on the sofa and stared at Lucy as she began to walk to the kitchen and make some food. "What do you want for dinner Natsu?" Wait I have a great idea. I started to burst into a fit of laughter "Ohhh Lucy that is hilarious, you actually think I'm going to let you cook! Go and put something nice on, I'm going to take you out for dinner." A wide smile appeared on her face "Really! Thank you, thank you, thank you." And with that I was rained with kisses.

We all walked out the house together, Happy wearing a bow tie, I was wearing a suit and plain black shoes whilst Luce wore a golden dress that ended at her knees the skirt of the dress covered in glitter. Her long hair was plaited and placed at her left side and her shoes were white with gems along the centre. I was taking them to a fancy restaurant at the other side of town. We made our way there before being served by the Rainjinshu! Evergreen took us to our table, she didn't chat very long, I don't think the client allowed it. Lucy, Happy and I ordered around the same proportion however Happy's was just raw fish. This is going to cost me so much *sigh*. At desert Happy had more fish whilst Lucy and I shared a giant ice cream. If she wasn't pregnant we would've got it on tonight. Uhhh wish we could. Well we better go to bed, it's the baby shower tomorrow. It's at the guild hopefully Lucy will enjoy it, we need to keep her happy and remind her that she will be a great mother. When we returned home I picked her up bridal style and placed her on our bed, I helped her out of her clothes then wrapped my arm around her on the bed. The baby's heartbeat still seemed too fast but if Wendy didn't think so the baby will be fine.

Eventually Lucy and I drifted off to sleep together. Happy also ended up sleeping beside us whilst sleep talking about fish, we have to be at the guild for 12 tomorrow for Lucys baby shower. She isn't aware of the baby shower yet I don't think, well I didnt tell her. Well I don't think I did? Anyway just don't sleep in Natsu. Did I just refer to myself as Natsu? Well goodnight Lucy, Happy and Nashi.