Broken Family

Mira's Pov:

The guild door slammed open, I expected it to be Lucy. It was getting quite late. However it was Natsu, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Happy and Carla. They had bright smiles on their faces especially Natsu's. Shit what if he asks where Lucy is! "Hey Mira, how are you?" Erza looked at me confused when I turned with a worried face "Mira?" I dragged her away from the bar, I could at least tell Erza. She could help me cover up "Erza, Lucy went on a tiny waitress mission on her own, she told me not to tell Natsu but she isn't back yet and she should be by now!" Erza's eyes turned to worry "We need an excuse and if she isn't back soon, I will go and find her. Ermm, got it, the other day she said she wanted to know why they wanted her for the machine, she also said she wanted to go back to her old house. Let's just say she went there and keep Natsu from following." Erza and I nodded simultaneously before going back towards the bar.

Natsu approached me with the same worried look I had. "Hey Mira, do you know where Lucy is?" Erza looked me in the eye and noticed my panic, she answered him for me "She is doing some investigating at her old home Natsu, leave her to it." His face dropped back into a smile "Oh okay." He shouted over at Gray but I couldn't hear it well, it ended up in a fight though.

Halfway through their brawl the guild doors slammed open, Yajima-San ran through carrying Evergreens body! Elf Man ran straight to her side as she was carried into the infirmary, everyone followed wondering what had occurred. Master ran in curious and noticed Evergreen layed in the infirmary his expression turned to anger. Yajima-San was the first to speak "My restaurant was attacked by what I believe is a dark guild, your two wizards protected my restaurant." LUCY! Oh no, it can't be them please not them. Erza's eyes widened when she noticed my fear.

Erza's Pov:

Mira looks worried that can't be the restaurant Lucy was helping in could it. Dark guild. No! My thoughts were interrupted by Gramps "Two? I only see Evergreen." Before the question could be answered Evergreen started to awaken "No.. no GET OFF HER!" She screamed before jolting up looking down at her hands before bursting into tears. "They got her didn't they?" The guild started to get into a panic "Who? Who did they get." Master was shouting at this point. "L..Lu...Lucy." Evergreen said quietly before falling back to sleep.

Natsu screamed her name so loud, I could hear ringing in my ears and suddenly he burst through the wall and tried to go after her. Makarov tripled in size and tripled again before grasping Nastu and stopping his assault. He spoke with a deep voice, dark even "They got my family! They got my love, my child. LET GO OF ME!" Master struggled to keep his hold so I jumped and grabbed Natsu aswell. "ERZA YOU TOLD ME SHE WAS AT HER OLD HOME! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!" I had to be calm for Natsu, if I shout he may become angrier. "She took a small job as a waitress and didn't want you to know. I didn't know this would've happened." My voice dropped at each word, Natsu stopped struggling and was pulled back to the guild. "I'm..I'm sorry Erza." It wasn't his fault "I'm sorry Natsu." He pulled me into a hug before I felt tears drip down my back. "Natsu..?" More tears began to fall, I couldn't believe he was crying. The dark guild took what was his, I hope the baby is okay. I hope Lucy is aswell. He cried for about an hour, he just sat with his head in his arms on a table whilst we arranged a plan.

Knowing what Natsu is like he will blame himself.

Natsu's Pov:

I really am dense! Why did I leave her alone when she is being targeted! I didn't expect it but I should've. It's all my fault! Happy dropped on my head "I'm still your family Natsu, I'm still here and I'll help get our family back too." Tears dropped down from Happy's face onto mine. I hugged him so tight he probably couldn't breathe. Before I let him go I whispered "I will save our family Happy... Don't you worry."

When I had ran out of tears we were told to return home before the assault tomorrow morning. The house seemed so empty without Lucy there. Since she now had so much time it was spotless, I know how much she missed going on missions and our adventures. She enjoyed it though because it was going to lead up to our biggest adventure, making our family bigger. I walked into Happy's room bringing him a fish, by now it was 10pm and Happy was getting into to bed. "Happy? Will you come and stay with me tonight?" Happy flew out of his bed grabbing the fish and dragging me to my bedroom. We snuggled in the blankets, I slept at Lucy's side, getting a whiff of her scent. When I slipped my hand under her pillow I found a hot water bottle. I couldn't help but chuckle, I know she gets cold when I'm not there. But does she really use this.

The only way I could get to sleep was by thinking of happy memories of Lucy, Happy and I. Before I drifted to sleep the last thing I remembered was our first kiss, this was before I left.

~Flashback~

"Natsu please don't leave me! I don't want to be alone." Tears slid down her face as we stared into each other's eyes. I pulled her close to my chest feeling her breath on my skin, it felt so right. "I'll be back Lucy, I need to protect you." And with that I placed a kiss on her lips, she melted into the kiss pulling me closer. She was trying to get me to stay but I couldn't. "Please..? Natsu don't." My hand slid down her cheek wiping away her tear, I placed a small kiss in the same place on her cheek. "I'm sorry Lucy, I'll be back soon."

The Dark Gate (Nalu Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara