We don't stand in line

As we traveled down the hallway, I saw everyone start to stare. It began to make me uncomfortable and self conscious; I guess Zayn saw though, because he shot a glare to anyone that dared to look, and if looks could kill, everyone would be dead by now. Wow, they weren't kidding, they really were the school's badasses. Nobody made eye contact, but once the boys passed them, girls began to swoon and whisper to each other, earning me a few death glares since I was walking with them. 

We finally made it to class, and I let out a sigh of relief. The boys burst out in laughter at my uncomfort and I pouted back at them. Louis playfully tucked my lip back into my mouth as he walked into the classroom. Somehow, I found myself in the middle of them as we entered the classroom in the order of Liam, Zayn, Louis, Me, Niall, and Harry at the end. The boys all took what I assumed to be their normal seats as I approached the teacher. 

"Um, excuse me?" I timidly asked. He looked at me, "Are you new here?," he asked. "You can tell that easily?," I replied. He chuckled and answered "No, it's just a small school, so new faces stick out." I nodded as he addressed the class, "Settle down everyone, as you can see, we have a new student," he turned to me "Would you like to introduce yourself and where you're from?" 

I nodded, took a deep breath and stated "My name is Sapphire Black and I'm from South Carolina in America," I looked back at the teacher. "My name is Mr. Barger," he told me "Now, we have the matter of where you'll sit." 

"Sir?," Liam raised his hand. "Yes Liam?," Mr. Barger replied. "We have an empty seat over here that Sapphire is welcomed to," he said gesturing to a seat behind him, in front of Harry, with Louis to the left, Zayn to the right, and Niall in front of Liam. In the middle yet again. Mr. Barger smiled at Liam who, despite his badassness, seemed to be a teacher's pet. 

"Well, Ms. Black, if that's alright with you than that's alright with me," He complied with a smile. I smiled back at him and said "That will be fine, thank you," with a smile of my own. I walked towards my seat, noticing for the first time, that all the class's stares were focused on me.

The rest of the day went similar to that, having all my classes with the boys (which I found strange) and soon lunch came. I headed to the lunch line in my new found order, in the middle of the boys. When we reached the cafeteria, I headed for the line while all the boys stared strangely at me.

"Yes?," I asked. They all started laughing, which made me roll my eyes in turn. "Love, we don't get in line." Harry told me. "And why not?," I asked. "Because we can get in front of everyone else," he said. "If they don't, we'll just kick their ass," Niall informed me. "And what does that have to do with me?," I asked. "Well, now you're a part of our group, which means you get the same privileges we do," Liam said to me. 

I liked being accepted and it made me happy to know I had five guys looking out for me. I smiled at them and said "Lead the way."

For lunch I ended up having peanut butter and jelly, frozen yogurt, ice cream, and milk.  All they were serving that day had meat in it, and I didn't eat red meat. I followed the boys to a table after paying and sat down next to Niall. 

"So, South Carolina huh? I was wondering what the accent was." He spoke to me. "I do not have an accent!," I told him. "We should take a vote," he replied chuckling. I just shrugged. "If you think Sapphire has a southern accent, say aye!," he said to the table. Everyone said aye and I pouted again. Zayn rolled his eyes and said "Relax love, it's cute and different." To this I had to smile. 

By the end of the day, I had an  idea of where everything was and all my teachers were pretty nice. I hadn't made any other friends than Harry, Zayn, Liam, Louis, and Niall though. I thought it was because every girl here wanted them and I was already friends with them, which of course was ridiculous. I walked back to my locker and gathered my homework, keys, and phone. 

Seeing my phone, the boys all took it and put their numbers in and made me put my number in theirs. I swear, I don't know how people are scared of them, they're so carefree and sweet to me.  I mentally shrugged at that thought as I swung my bookbag over my shoulder. 

"Same time same place tomorrow?," I asked the boys. "Yep," Louis replied popping the "p". I waved goodbye to them and gave them all hugs before I walked out of the building and drove home. 

A/N

-----------------------

Hey guys :) I missed you! Wattpad was being shit yesterday so I didn't get to update :( But anyways, thanks to those who are reading! Just a reminder that the character contest is still open.. Other than that, that's it. Make sure to read, vote, comment, and all that jazz. Love y'all!

Xxx Arie