Nightmares Come To Life

Start from the beginning

"How do you think he'll handle it?" She inquired.

"He'll be happy for me. He always is," I said easily, although deep down inside, I wasn't really so sure. After what happened the last time when I got a boyfriend... Would Naruto want me to have another one?

Of course he will, I assured myself. This is Gaara we're talking about.

"Happy?" Kylie said incredulously, turning around with a 'yeah, right' look on her face. "Wouldn't he be all depressed and stuff?"

"Why would he be depressed?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She facepalmed. "Because he likes you! Duh!" She said obviously.

I shook my head. "Don't say that."

"Why not?" She inquired.

"Because..." I took a deep breath. "Things are finally starting to work again. I'm starting to work again. I don't want all of that ruined. Not that way."

"All right, all right," She said dismissively. "I've got the hint. Let's talk about something else. Is he a good kisser?"

I laughed at that. "I don't know. Is Kankuro a good kisser?"

She gave me a flat look. "Don't kid about that. I didn't kiss him."

"Yet," I sang, and she rolled her eyes, a smile forming onto her face. "Speaking of which... What ever happened to Josh?"

"Honestly, I don't even know," She said, sighing. "I love Josh, I really do. But ever since I've been hanging around Kankuro... I feel different. That giggly feeling I used to have around Josh is the same one I have around Kankuro, only better. And I feel more confident around Kankuro. It's like... He brings out a side of me that I didn't even know existed."

"One that even Josh doesn't know?" I inquired. After thinking about it, she nodded. "Well, I think you guys look cute together. Plus, if he makes you that happy..."

"I'm not going to break up with Josh," She said. "I'm just... Confused. I still love him, but with Kankuro, I... It's just complicated."

"When you're torn between two people, you should always pick the second," I advised, quoting a saying I remembered, "Because if you really loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second."

"That's the most educated thing I've heard you say in my entire life," She said in awe.

I threw a paper clip at her. "Shut up!"

She laughed, shielding herself with her hands. We were both laughing when Sakura came into the office.

"Hey, guys," Sakura greeted. "Kakashi-sensei said it's time to go."