fourteen | the storm

Start from the beginning

I questioned whether we were talking about an actual storm now.

She chuckled softly, "I sound crazy I know."

I ended up opening my eyes and looking at her. Her eyes were closed, but it wouldn't matter either way. I shook my head, "You sound wise."

She shrugged, "I'm an old soul I guess."

I nodded. "That suits you perfectly. Old soul." 

We sat in the quiet in one anther's company with nothing but silence enveloping us. I saw the smile that plastered her face when I heard a very distant thunder whisper. I didn't say anything, instead I just felt a churn in the pit of my stomach watching her smile. No, it was not one of those cliche moments.

Just as quick as it came, it left and then we were in the quiet. For a while I just stared out into the moon, it was actually calming.

"Liam?" 

"Yeah?"

"Come here."

"What do you mean?"

"Lean forward." She said. 

I leaned.

"I want to know what you look like." She murmured, "This is the only way I can." Without a word from either of us, I leaned forward.

Two petite hands found their way to my face. Her breath was quiet but sped up with her left hand connected with the slight stubble on my chin. She dropped her legs to the floor and scooted closer to me. She pressed the other hand to my face and rubbed the hairs on my face with her thumb. Her fingers traced every inch of my jawline and up to my cheekbones.

Her index and middle finger traced the curve of my nose then went to my eyebrows. I closed my eyes and felt her long fingers pass along my eyelids softly. I could feel her breath on my cheek with how heavy she was breathing now. Her fingers trailed down to my mouth. Her thumb traced my bottom lip agonizingly slow. She ran her left hand from under my chin all the way to the back of my neck. Her hand fiddled with the edges of my hair and her thumb continuously trailed between my upper and lower lip.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the small movements she did. The slightly long nails on the hand behind my neck traced small patterns on the skin.

I felt vulnerable under her touch.

I was vulnerable under her touch.

I leaned forward and pressed my forehead against hers. My eyes opened and so did hers. The tips of our noses were brushing slightly and the feeling that came from it made me smile. I wish she could see this, how intensely beautiful this moment was.

"What are you doing?" She asked when I placed one of my hand over hers and dragged it to my chest.

"I want you to feel what you're doing to me at this very moment."

With her hand over my chest, I closed my eyes and let her feel the slow, easy beating. I'd never felt this relaxed in my life. In her company I was always content, no worries flooded me, no problems. I just felt like myself and no one but.

Her forehead was still pressed to mine, and her cool breath hit my lips everytime we spoke, but none of us bothered to move. We stayed close to each other as another distant roll of thunder sounded.

I don't remember us changing position but now, her back was pressed to my chest and her head laying peacefully on my shoulder. My hands were tangled in the big wool sweater she wore. My head was leaned on the backing wall of the window seat.

I removed one hand from the soft fabric and moved a strand of hair from her face.

"What's your favorite thing to look at?" She asked softly.