Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter 25: Revelations

Donovan's adrenaline pumped, yet he was unsure what to do. He felt Yoko's mind go dark. Yoko was most likely in combat, where thinking just slows you down and gets you killed.

Donovan knew he should go and help, but he couldn't leave his group, and he couldn't wake them up without getting beaten senseless by Kat.

Vitality spoke inside his head. "I agree, someone should see if they are okay."

"I could try to see through his eyes," Donovan suggested.

"Do that, and you blind him for however long you take his sight. He may get killed," Vitality responded. "Why don't I go look for him?"

"We're too far from them, the meeting point is a day's fly away, and they are coming from the opposite direction. That's two days of flight," Donovan thought back.

"Then there's nothing we can do but wait," Vitality sighed, feeling defeated. "I hate waiting."

"Well it wont be long before Kat and Tired Boy over there wake up, then we can eat some splodge and go to the meeting point," Vitality pointed out.

"I hate splodge," Vitality began.

"I got you your favorite," Donovan teased.

"YOU got me Draglin pellets!" Vitality cheered. "I knew there was a reason I got stuck with a loser like you."

"And now I may toss them to the bears, princess," Donovan sighed.

"Don't. You. Dare," Vitality growled, playfully.

"Ladies, ladies, calm down." Donovan heard Logan say. "No reason to fight each other. Vitality, stop growling and get some rest." Logan was leaning on his tree, dazed but awake.

"We were just playing around," Donovan explained. "But we gotta get a move on, it's past dawn."

"Alright, alright. Don't get your armor all tightened up," Logan jeered as he pulled himself to his feet. He slapped Clap playfully on the ear, and the dragon's eyes gently opened.

Donovan leaned over Kat and tried to gently kiss her forehead. With a slight push from Vitality's tail, he instead fell face-first into her breasts.

Kat jumped up and slammed Donovan's head into the dirt; Vitality lay close to the ground, silently laughing and waving his tail around, excited. Kat saw this from the corner of her eye.

"Sorry Donny, I have good reflexes. It wasn't your fault... But YOU mister," she said, turning to Vitality. "You're lucky you're a dragon!"

Donovan lay on the floor clutching his nose. "Ahhh dragon dung, Kat this hurts," he whined.

"Sorry hun," she said with a wink. Donovan blushed and looked down.

"You're so lame, Donovan," Vitality teased.

Kat turned to Vitality. "Princess," was all she muttered before she turned back to Donovan and kissed his cheek, making him blush again.

"Time to go," Donovan said. "We're late."

"But what about breakfast?" Logan asked.

"Later. We need to move," Donovan urged.

"No, Logan is right. We should eat, we may not get to later," Kat argued.

"Fine, but we can't take too long," Donovan conceded.

"We should tell them about Yoko," Vitality suggested.

"No. We shouldn't. If we do, they'll wanna do exactly what me and you wanted to do... Play hero. And I can't stop them both," Donovan thought back.