Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14: Splodge-Fight

Donovan stood on line for heaping serving of splodge. "Delicious, amazing, splodge," he thought with a sigh.

"You'll get used to it. Just like you got used to me. Only a few days together and it feels like we've known each other since we were born," he heard in his head.

"That's because I DID know you since you were born," Donovan thought as he chuckled aloud. "And you just go through my memories for anything you need, so you basically know me too."

"You have no proof, Donny boy," Vitality sniggered back.

"Whatever you say, Princess," returned Donovan with a huge grin.

"Oh. No. You. Didn't. Donovan." threatened Vitality. "I can tear you to pieces, I can. Roar, be afraid."

"Oh, what was that? I'm sorry, I can't hear you," Donovan thought back, quickly ending the conversation as he arrived at the table where he saw Marty sitting. Sitting beside Marty was Donovan's sister, Mary. Donovan noticed that they were flirting, and quite a bit at that.

"Hey lovebirds, how's it going?" I said as a sat down.

Mary sighed. "Why does everyone think we're flirting?" she demanded, as Marty looked away from Donovan and Mary.

"Umm... Because you are?" Donovan said back.

"Are not!" Mary screamed.

"Are to!" Donovan yelled back.

"Shut up Donny! Lalalalala I can't hear you!" said Mary immaturely.

"Mary! Shut up and admit it!" Donovan yelled.

"Ahh, siblings," Marty said with a laugh.

"DONOVAN SHUSH!" she screamed, throwing her tray of splodge in Donovan's direction.

Donovan ducked. The entire tray spilt along the back of the girl behind him. Splodge stained her shirt, and dripped onto the floor. The girl stood up, her uneaten tray of splodge in her hand. She looked at Donovan, and deciphered his laughing at her misfortune to be guilt. She threw the tray, with all her strength, in his direction.

Again, Donovan ducked. The tray launched pass his head, and splodge splashed all over Marty's back. Other students caught on to the trend, and trays were soon being thrown around the room, targeted at people who the specific thrower dislikes.

Splodge was flying, and trays were clanging to the floor, like the stories of food-fights Donovan heard happened in schools. A tray of half-eaten splodge came at him; time itself slowed down in his head. He stared at it as it made its way towards him. Donovan knew he couldn't dodge it, and he let himself get covered in the tasteless food.

He laughed as he scraped the muck off his eyes, and snatched a bowl of splodge from the floor. He scanned the room, looking for his sister, and located her hiding under the table, holding hands with Marty.

"Aww, cute," Donovan thought as he slid across the floor, and under the table. He was about to dump the splodge on Mary's head, from behind, when Brandi burst into the room.

"PUT DOWN THE SPLODGE THIS INSTANT!" Brandi yelled. Everyone stopped throwing the food, and sat down, embarrassed and afraid. It was one thing to tease Brandi, but every student knew not to anger her. Every student, except for Donovan.

Donovan leapt onto the table, and threw his handful of splodge at Brandi. She twisted around, only a minimal amount of food getting on her.

"Donovan. Outside. Now." was all she said as she turned around an exited the room.

With a gulp, Donovan left the lunch room, and clambered down the stairs.

+++++++

Donovan stood outside, staring at an angered Brandi. He feared for his life; never before had anyone seemed so angry.

"Donovan. You understand this is grounds to kick you out if the academy, right?" She said in a monotone.

"Yes, Brandi." he said as he looked down.

"Don't worry Donny, she won't kick you out. You're a legend," Donovan heard in his head.

"Thanks Vit, you're the best." he thought back.

"You also understand that I can't kick you out. So I have a question. What do YOU think your punishment should be?" Brandi said.

"Umm... Probably to eat lunch alone. And umm.... More sword practice?" he said, unsure of what was going to happen.

"Good. Add that to the yard work you'll be doing from now on. I want this dirt outside to have SOME grass." Brandi said, still angry.

"I should've kept my mouth shut," Donovan thought to Vitality.

"Hmm... Ya think?" he heard back.

"How about starting the yard work now?" Brandi suggested in a "You'll-be-doing-it-now-whether-you-like-it-or-not tone."

"But it's sunset! I'll be working all night!" he whined back.

"Oooooooh. Have fun." Brandi said before she walked off.

"What am I supposed to even do?" Donovan yelled after her.

"Plant some grass tonight." she yelled back, before walking in the building. She popped her head out of the doorway to say: "Oh, and keep it quiet, soon people will be trying to sleep."

With a sigh, Donovan set off to work.

+++++++

It was nearly morning when Donovan finished with the grass. Every patch of dirt was planted with grass seeds, except for the areas of high people and dragon concentration. The sparring ring outside was left unplanted, as well as the usual paths. He was exhausted, and sleep beckoned to him.

Donovan was about to head in, and take a well-deserved nap, when Jeffrey walked out of the front doors of the Academy. He looked around suspiciously as he walked towards the gate of the academy. Constantly he looked over his shoulder, looking to see if he was being tailed.

"What could he be doing?" Donovan thought. "Where would he be going at a time like this?"

Donovan had a few thoughts flowing through his head. He could confront Jeffrey, stalk him, or tell someone.

He sighed, and let Infernus form in his right hand before he chased after Jeffrey, unsure what he was yet doing, but calling for Vitality in his head, demanding the sleeping giant awaken before he acted rashly.

+++++++

<<A/N I want some fan interaction! What will Donovan do? Who knows? What do you, the fans, think Donovan will do? Comment with your thought please? Also, I worked on the first part of a new book, "The World of Zombies," if you guys could check it out and tell me what you think that would be great.>>