Chapter Nine

Chapter 9: Power

Donovan smiled. "Hey Vitality," he said out loud. "What do you mean?"

Sheila giggled. "For a legend, you know very little don't you?"

Donovan's smile instantly faded and his eyes began to glow, changing from a deep, blood red to a crisp, fire red, and he felt lava trickling through his veins. Sheila rapidly took a few steps back and tumbled to the floor, falling on her butt, for she felt a massive amount of heat emanating from Donovan's body.

As quickly as the rush of energy had entered Donovan's body, it disappeared, taking the heat he was giving off with it. Sheila remained on the ground, dazed and speechless. Cautiously, Donovan took a few steps forward and kneeled in front of her.

"I'm sorry Sheila, I don't know what came over me."

"It's the power of legend!" was all she could manage to say, and she repeated it several times, still lost in her own world.

Feeling it was best to just leave her there, Donovan walked out of the room to see Marty asleep on the floor. He tapped Marty with his foot several times before he became impatient. Donovan reeled back, and kicked Marty with enough force to drive a dragon back ten paces.

Marty woke with a start and jumped up, drawing his dagger and slicing at whatever woke him. Donovan ducked to one side, narrowly avoiding getting a deep gash in his throat, before flames engulfed his wrists and hands like gauntlets, causing Marty to stop in his tracks.

Distracted by the flames, which were circulating around Donovan's wrist like a snake would, yet causing him no pain, Marty got knocked to the ground. He managed to look up quickly to see Donovan's eyes were a scorching red, before he fainted as he usually would in a tense situation.

"Now look what you did," Donovan heard from inside his head, drawing enough attention away from the skirmish to douse the flames growing on his hands.

"Vitality I did NOT do this. He fainted by himself," Donovan said aloud.

"Sheila is right, you're not very smart are you?" came the response.

"Yeah well you're only like three days old so I would hush if I were you. Respect your elders," said Donovan.

"I could easily crush you old man," Donovan heard his dragon say in his head. "Now drag the kid downstairs and come see me in my amazing- Well you'll see."

"Yes, Lord of Doom." Donovan said, still aloud.

"I like that name, call me that," Donovan heard as he began to move Marty's unconscious body to a position where he could be picked up.

"Not in a million years," thought Donovan.

"See THAT'S what you're supposed to do. THINK back to me. Good boy." Donovan heard. He sighed. Not even in his thoughts could he escape Vitality and his sarcasm.

Donovan, finally moving Marty into a spot on the floor where he could be picked up, decided that moving Marty was more effort than necessary, and decided to leave him there to go find his dragon.

Donovan ran down the stairs, nearly falling a few times, before he made it to the ground floor. He peered outside the main door and saw a crowd of people staring at something. "Come and see! Before they swarm me!" thought Vitality, the distress in his thoughts evident.

Donovan sauntered out of the door and saw what the crowd had been staring at. Standing, full size and in perfectly constructed armor that matched his colors and pattern, was Vitality.

<I am EXTREMELY sorry for the extremely short chapter and late posting. Mom took my iPod and I stole it to type over here. This is all I could manage to do in a short time.>