Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter 22: The Fun Starts Here

Donovan slid at zombie like speed down the hallway to his room. He couldn't believe what had just happened. All he could think of was her soft lips forming that cute smile that he adored. The good feeling was short-lived, for Vitality pestered him constantly about it: "Donny and Ka-At sitting in a tree..." he began before Donovan shut him out.

"Vitality, you done yet?" asked Donovan, irritated.

"For now," the Dragon replied.

"I need advice," Donny thought, knowing that whether Vitality liked t or not, he was going to have to listen and help.

"Too bad," the Dragon thought back.

"What do I do? This feels so strange. I really like her, but... I'm a legend. It's like being a master warrior; they can't get close to people or bad things can happen," Donovan said, hoping to ease his mind.

"If you really care, you'll figure something out," Vitality said. "Plus she's a master swordsman, she can handle herself."

"I guess you're right, Vit." said Donovan as he stripped off his battle gear and put on comfortable cloths to sleep in.

Donovan crept into his bed, and quickly drifted off to sleep.

+++++++

(Kat's point of view)

"What do I do, Mak?" she asked her dragon. Mak was her nickname for Resolution.

"Do you really like this boy, Kitten?" came the quick reply.

"Yes. I really do. But I'm his trainer, this isn't supposed to happen. I'm a master warrior, I shouldn't feel this way about people, it can cause bad things to happen to him," Kat replied.

Resolution never got a chance to reply, as someone pounding on Kat's door stole her attention away.

"Enter," she said officially.

A teenage boy strode in, small for his age, but well built. "Madame, our scouts have spotted a group of unidentified warriors flying towards our academy. Brandi has ordered everyone to prepare for battle."

With a smile on her face, Kat put on the pieces of her gear she had taken off, as well as put on the rest of it, including her helmet, and grabbed her sword. She strapped it to her side, and began to exit the room. As she passed the boy, she stopped and said, without moving, "Ever call me Madame or anything of the sort again and you'll regret it. My name is Sam, use it."

"But, I thought you were called Kat?" the boy said confused.

Still not moving, Kat said "Only the privileged can call me that. Others call me by Sam, my initials."

"Yes ma'am! I mean Sam!" said the boy as Kat sauntered out of the room, her attention already diverted to waking her handsome Donovan.

+++++++

(Donovan's POV)

In his dreams, all Donovan could see was her beautiful face. Their kiss repeated itself over and over, endlessly. Donovan wished it would never end, but unfortunately for him, there was a heavy pounding on his door.

"Donny, wake up!" a female voice sang out. "We have a real fight on our hands!"

Donovan knew that voice anywhere; he leapt out if bed and opened the door to see Kat in full rider's gear, everything but the helmet, which was being held in her left hand.

"I'll be ready soon, meet me by our dragon's stables?" he asked.

"It's a date," she said with a wink before she ran off.