Love on the Brain

So, I would like to give a special thanks to @vibe_wit_me for showing my story love. Thanks to all you silent readers also. I love every single one of you.

Dominic's pov

I starred up at the board. We changed classes this semester. I had a pretty good looking schedule, including weight training. Right now, I was in Journalism with Lucas and Reagan.

"Logan stop calling me." McKenna stated as they walked into the room. I blew out a breath as she sat in the seat by Reagan. Logan went across the room. Courtney walked in. I guess they put the whole crew in here except Micah.

The bell rang. Micah slipped in the door, sitting in the seat by Courtney.

"Why are you late?" Reagan asked him. He smiled.

"I was on my way here, but then I saw a picture of you on a poster, and I couldn't help but stare and admire." Micah said. We all laughed. He keep spitting game and getting knocked down.

"I'll tell them to remove it for you." Reagan said.

"What was that about with Logan?" Lucas asked McKenna. She shook her head.

"Nothing."

So she doesn't claim him either? Figures. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Why did we have to come to school on a Wednesday." She mumbled.

"Ok welcome back students. I'm Ms. Roth, and I will be your teacher." She said, and one by one, we introduced ourselves to her.

"Do I have any aspiring writers in here?" She asked. Only McKenna and Reagan rose their hands.

After Journalism was College Algebra, then Forensics, and finally Weight Training. McKenna was in every class I had except Weight Training.

"Dude you have been avoiding McKenna all week." Jaylen pointed out. I shook my head.

"Yeah. You know how you felt when she was the one avoiding you, so why you tripping?" Tray asked. I shook my head.

"Y'all wouldn't understand." I told them. I just walked off, but Micah followed me.

"You know like I know that I understand exactly what you're going through." Micah said.

His mom wrapped him up as a baby and left him on the Crowders' doorstep.

"Do you know how it feels to miss a face I've never seen, to feen for a voice I've never heard, to crave the touch I've never felt?" Micah asked. I shook my head.

"You have a chance to make it right with your mom, and you should take it." He told me. I nodded.

"What about McKenna?" I asked.

"I don't think you should pursue her any further." Micah told me. A look of surprise took over my face. I couldn't believe what he had just said.

"Why?"

"She loves you too much for her own good, and you don't know what the fuck love is." Micah shrugged. I sighed. No matter what he says, I'm not giving up on our love.

Mckenna's pov

I sighed. I was in chorus with Courtney, Reagan, and Makayla. Seeing Dominic all day really took a tole on my emotions. He never really broke up with me, but he hadn't spoken directly to me since Thanksgiving, so I don't know what to think.

"So." Courtney smiled. "Lauren told me that she's really liking boarding school." I smiled. That's nice to hear. Lauren started boarding school because she wanted to get away from her life here,and I don't blame her. I think about it myself sometimes.

"Boys are idiots." I thought aloud.

"I'm going to assume you mean Logan and not Dominic." Reagan laughed. I nodded.

"He has the audacity to try to get me back. He disrespected my whole life. He cheated on me under the roof of my house. I forgave them both, but I'm not taking him back." I said.

"Well, even if it's not Logan, you need to think about moving on." Makayla said.

"Why?"

"There's so many people out there. Hell, you got half the school in yo DM. You can get any boy you want. Why you sitting here hurt over one that doesn't want anything to do with you?" Makayla asked. I sighed

No mater what, I'm not giving up on our love.