School day

I woke up Monday morning and got dressed. I walked downstairs and grabbed an orange. I sat at the table and peeled it. Makayla walked into the kitchen. She was talking on the phone and laughing.

"I know, Tori, Dominic is so funny. I think he is going to ask me out." She said as she grabbed an apple and walked out.

She didnt even turn to look my way. Well, it looks like Dominic has been flirting with her too. Here I was lowkey feeling him while he is just playing games. I'm not stupid. Since when are nerds players anyways? My mom came downstairs and we all got into the car. The ride to school was silent besides the radio.

I got out and met up with Laren and Courtney as we walked to our lockers. I got my books for my first two classes: Health I and AP Coordinate Albegera I. Health was boring as usual, but I stayed glued to my books. Now is not the time to start slipping. I officially have competition. In Algebra, I was reunited with Dominic. Instead of me being the one to answer every question, he pipped in regularly which was very annoying.

-

Lunch

"Tell me why I can't get Dominic to stop talking about you at all." Courtney said.

"Maybe he should be talking to Makayla. I heard her telling Tori all about him and his flirty ways this morning." I said.

"You know your sister, and you know she's a liar. Maybe she just didn't want you to like him." Courtney said. I shrugged. She really is always skeeming.

I looked over at her casually to see that she wasn't at her normal table. Infact, she was at Micah's table, sitting right beside Dominic.

"Or maybe your cousin is just a boy with a twin threesome fantasy. I've met plenty of those." I said. Micah caught my eye and immediately started laughing as everyone around him looked at him like he was crazy. He took out his phone.

Micah- I see the jealousy written all over your face. Should have made your move sooner

McKenna- Whatever, Micah, stop texting me before I block you.

Micah- Don't treat me like a piano, tryna bang on my keys.

I just looked at my phone confused for a minute before I put it up. Why is that fool so wierd? I moved the chicken tenders around my plate with my fork. I had officially lost my appetite. I left lunch early and stopped by my locker grabbing my books for Early childhood Education I and AP World History. I closed my locker and jumped at the sight of Dominic pressed against the locker beside mine. He scared the living daylights out of me. I thought that only worked in movies.

"Where did you come from?" I asked with my hand over my heart.

"It was magic, baby girl." He said. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the ECA classroom. He walked right beside me in silence.

"Look. I don't know what you want with me, but you're not going to get anything. I'm not that type of girl. You were better off with Makayla." I stated, breaking the silence. He looked shocked maybe even a little hurt.

"What makes you think I like Makayla?" He asked. I just looked at him like 'Come on dude' for a second. The bell rang ending lunch. I walked into the classroom without answering his question. I sat in my seat and waited for Courtney and Lauren to come into class. They sat on the sides of me.

"You should have seen Makayla's face when Domie followed you out of the lunchroom." Courtney said. I shrugged.

"What happened?" Laren asked.

"Nothing happened. He told me that he doesn't like her." I shrugged. I'm pretty sure he was lying anyways. I might just be steering clear of Courtney's house for a couple of months. Whatever I was feeling towards him is done. Deaded.

In AP World History, Dominic came in and took the seat right next to me. I regret distancing myself from my fellow classmates now. I rather have Reagan peeping at my paper over her shoulder than Dominic sitting beside me. Ms. Kelly pulled up one of her infamous power points and we started taking notes.

After school, I went home and changed into my sweats. I laid on my bed watching tv until an extreme since of bordness came over me. This is normally when I would head to Courtney's house. I walked downstairs into the family room to find Micah and Dominic playing 2k15. I left quickly without them noticing and headed into the kitchen. Makayla and Tori were in there sitting at the table. They both looked up at me like I had punched a baby... in a wheelchair.

"Hello to you two too." I mumbled.

"What did you do to him?" Makayla demanded. I looked around for a minute. I was so confused on what she was talking about and who she was talking to.

"I'm just going to ignore you." I said. I opened the fridge and grabbed a yogurt and a caprisun.

"What did you say to Dominic in order for him to forget my existence out of nowhere?" Makayla asked. I rolled my eyes and ignored her. I walked out of the kitchen.

"McKenna!" Someone called my name. I sighed and walked into the living room.

"Yes, Micah?" I sighed.

He patted the spot beside him on the couch. I looked at him for a second. The two of them looked up at me. I did not feel like having another conversation about this situation. I sat down and looked at him for an explanation. He said nothing, so I looked at Dominic. I started drinking my Caprisun. Micah unpased the game, and they started back playing. And the point of me coming in here was?

"I like you." Dominic muttered without taking his eyes off of the game. I froze and looked at him. Did he just say that?

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share