Now what?

November 16

Thanksgiving is next week, and everything in my life is worth being thankful for. My family is on one page. My mom and Dad worked their problems out, but I don't know what's going to happen with this other kid. I finally got the one I want. Most of all, my mom was making Banana Pudding. What more can I ask for?

"Babe you smiling hard as hell. You better not be thinking about Banana Pudding again." Dominic said. Micah, Makayla, Reagan, and Lucas all looked at me.

"I can't help it. I love that shit more than anything on this planet." I mumbled. My eyes rolled to the back of my head as I tasted it on my tongue.

"Are you having a food organism?" Micah asked.

"Well damn. Let Banana Pudding eat your pussy then." Dominic stated. I laughed rolling over to him on his bed and straddled him.

"That's your job." I told him.

"Dominic your mom wants to talk to you." Courtney announced walking in. He tensed under me.

Dominic's pov

"I don't have anything to say to her." I stated. All week, she had been trying to get in contact with me.

She doesn't understand that I don't want to have a relationship with her. She gave me up three years ago. Child services came to pick me up from her house, and she just sat on the couch as they guided me out.

She looked at me and told me straight up, "I'm not your mom anymore." As I begged them not to take me from her. She needed me, and if I left I knew she'd go off the deep end. When she looked at me and laughed as they still took me, it's like something clicked. She was right. I don't have a mom.

I don't care how high she was. She said she wasn't my mom anymore, so she's not. My Aunt stepped in and saved me from the foster system, so as far as I'm concerned, my aunt is the closet thing to a mom I've had since I was 13. She has raised me for the last three years, starting when I was 15, like she gave birth to me herself.

"Mici you have to talk to her sometime. Mom invited her for Thanksgiving." Courtney said. I turned my head to face her.

"I'm not saying two words to her, even if my life depends on it. Now, please stop talking to me about that woman." I stated.

Courtney shrugged walking out. She put the phone to her ear and I heard a comforting "It's ok Auntie."

The shit was not okay.

"You know I'm here for you right? If you ever want to talk about it, even if I'm in the middle of my third banana pudding, I'll pause everything for you." McKenna told me. I chuckled, looking up at her.

"Damn I love you." I mumbled. She smiled down at me.

"I love you to."

"You know you might wanna get up because we have company." I said.

"Fuck them."

"Fuck you." Reagan stated. McKenna laughed and climbed off of me.

"Do you have any episodes of Martin recorded?" Micah asked, grabbing the remote.

"Like Two." Dominic shrugged. I gasped.

Micah and I literally have every episode recorded at our house. Micah went to the two episodes. It was between the episode when Martin said women couldn't do the job of a man and the episode when they had a men vs. women cook off for thanksgiving. We decided on the Thanksgiving episode.

--

"Lucas when did you decide to switch squads?" Courtney asked. We were in Ihop eating pancakes in the middle of the day. Her and I were being cordial for the time being. Spending time with Doninic, I tend to run into her, I had to forgive her, but forgetting is the hard part.