Big Daddy

I was at home later that night starring at my ceiling. My phone continuously rang beside me on my pillow. It was only Logan. He'd been calling for about an hour straight. This time, I pressed decline. He called back I grabbed my phone and turned it on do not disturb before walking downstairs. I need to go talk to Courtney. As soon as I opened the door, I regretted it. I was face to face with Logan. I sighed in frustration as I closed the door.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"It may sound cliche, but I want you." He said. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"It's too late for that. Honestly, I'll never be able to look at you the same." I told him. He didn't know what to say. I just started walking on past him.

"You know you'll never find anyone like me right?" He asked.

"One can only hope." I said. He grabbed my arm, yanking me back. His nose was flarred and he looked pissed all the way off.

"Don't do that. Don't pretend like our whole relationship was bad just because I fucked up. We had nothing but good days. I helped you cope with Dominic not wanting you. Then, all of a sudden half the school wants you, and he wants you again too. I thought you were smarter than that." Logan spat.

He walked to his car after that. I just stood there dumbfounded. After years of ignoring me, Dominic wanted to finally tell me about his feelings when I started getting a little attention from other boys. I almost thought somebody liked me for me. Who was I kidding?

I walked to my car and drove to the park. I sat on the swing and pushed myself back and forth. A young man, probably about 21 came beside me pushing a little girl that was at least 3 in the swing beside me. They were so cute.

"Daddy I'm going to auntie." The little girl said. He laughed and nodded as she ran off to a preteen. He turned his attention to me.

"Aren't you a little bit old to be on the swings?" He asked as he sat down in the swing his daughter had just got out of.

"I'm a kid at heart," I shrugged. He laughed. "I won't be too old swing until I turn 18 next month."

"Well how about we exchange numbers so I can give you a special happy birthday next month." He offered.

I laughed as we exchanged phones. I saved my number under my name making sure to put hella emojis. We traded back. I looked at my phone. I glared at him. He had saved his name as 'Big Daddy'.  I took my phone off of do not disturb and immediately it began ringing: Micah.

"Why the fuck are you not answering your phone?" Micah yelled as soon as I answered.

"I had it on do not disturb because Logan kept calling me." I said.

"I just want to beat his ass one good time." Micah said.

"Let me remind you as a good sister that you can't fight, Micah." I said. He kissed his teeth. I heard a lot of laughter in the background.

"Whatever. Come get your sister. She tryna be a hoe around my company." He said.

"I'll be there in like 10 minutes." I laughed and hung up.

"It was nice meeting you..." I trailed off, not knowing his name.

"Miguel, and it was nice meeting you too...."

"McKenna." I said as I got up and walked to my car. I drove home. Micah, Dominic, Tray, and Jayson were sitting on the couch playing 2k.

"Hey Mckenna." They all waved at me.

"Hello everyone," I smiled. "Come on Makayla. I have something very important to tell you." She followed me up the stairs to my room.

"Spill." She ordered.