Drewwww

When we got home, everyone sat in the living room starring at the tv that was turned off. Dominic just watched us.

"What's wrong with you all?" Dominic asked.

I looked at him, then back to the tv. What is going to happen. Will they divorce? Where will Micah go? His mom abandoned him with us awhile ago, so he'll have to go wherever dad goes, but he probably doesn't want that anyways. I need him down the hall from me though. I need him to be here. Tears formed in my eyes as I hugged him.

"Micah promise me you won't leave. What would I do without you?" I asked.

"I can't promise that, but no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you two. " he said as he pulled Makayla in to our hug.

With that, we turned to tv on and clicked on Martin. The thanksgiving episode where the men and the women competed to cook the best meal and they both cheated.

"Uh, McKenna, I don't know if this is the best time to tell you, but I'm sorry for what I said earlier." Dominic said.

"I'm not worried about that anymore. It's fine. I like you being with Elise. I don't mind at all, but please stop trying to keep me on stand-by for when it doesn't work out. I'm not a second choice." I said very nicely.

"Actually you're my first choice. I've really been in love with you since the first time I laid my eyes on you, but-" I cut him off.

"Just save it." I shook my head. My phone rang in my lap. He looked down before I even did. "💏💑❤️💘❣" flashed on the screen. I smiled as I answered.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey McKenna. What are you doing."

"Watching tv." I said.

"Good thing you're not busy because we need to talk." He said.

"What's on your mind?" I asked.

"Lately, you." He said I blushed. This how I got trapped the first time. His sweet talking just makes me so vulnerable.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying not to sound too happy, but I was smiling so hard.

"Baby girl ever since I done started at this stupid college everything reminds me of you. I see a butterfly and think of how you make my stomach feel. I see a rose and think of how sweet your hair used to smell when you cried on my shoulders." He said.

"Awwwww." Makayla said beside me. She had her ear pressed up to the phone beside my ear.

"That's so sweet. I really don't know what to say." I said.

"Can I come see you?" He asked. I looked at Mikayla and she nodded hella hard.

"Yeah." I said as I laughed. After I hung up I looked at Dominic. He was trying to figure out something.

"On everything I love, if that was Logan..." He trailed off. I shook my head no.

"You remember Drew right?" I asked. Dominic nodded slowly. "He's on the way over here." I said.

"Oh that's my homeboy. I fuck with Drew. Why did you stop talking to him anyways?" Micah asked.

I shrugged, "When he started college I didn't think we could make it work on our different schedules and such." Drew is nineteen and a college freshman.

"Who is Drew, and why have I never met him?" Dominic asked.

"I didn't want you to because you would probably say some crazy shit and I don't want you to get your ass beat." I said. His jaw dropped like he couldn't believe what I said.

"This Drew, do you like love him?" Dominic asked.

See that's a hard question. I love him, but in a weird way. He allowed me to cry on his shoulder every night for months after I decided to hate Dominic. He helped me study in an effort to be smarter than Dominic. He just did everything in his power to enable me to not be hurt anymore. He wanted to help me get over Dominic, but I just couldn't. Even Logan couldn't get me to do that. It's been four years since I fell in love with Dominic, and no matter who comes in my life, I'll always want Dominic.

*Door bell sounds*

"I'll get it!" Micah cheered as he ran to the door. He smiled so wide when he saw Drew. "Bro!" He hugged Drew.

"Dude. I missed you too, but this is a little too much." Drew laughed. Micah released him and Makayla jumped into his arms before I could.

"Oh my god Drew. Why can't you just marry me? I know you got this thing for McKenna, but we're not that different." Makayla said. Me and Drew just laughed. I unwrapped her arms from around him.

"I was just playing." She said with her hands up in surrender. "Don't beat me up." I laughed again and looked at Drew. He pulled me into him in a hug. Tears started slowly rolling down my face instantly as all of our memories came rushing back to me. I could have avoided so much shit if I hadn't broke it off with him.

"She always crying. When will you run out of tears?" Micah said. I wiped my face with my sweatshirt

"Shut up Micah. I'm an emotional person." I replied as a laughed.

"Hello, Dominic. I don't believe we've met formally." Drew said as he stuck his hand out. Dominic looked at it for a second before he shook it. He's so childish man.

"Man we'll be upstairs if you need us." I said.

"I want Drew to play with me." Micah pouted. I laughed and shook my head.

"I'll come play 2k with you on a little while dude as long as you stop acting like that." Drew laughed. Micah nodded eagerly. I grabbed Drew's hand and walked him up the stairs.

"First thing first," he said as he looked around I just watched he grabbed my steward little glasses off the bedside table and put them on my face. "I can't keep looking at you without them."

"I just stopped wearing glasses like a month ago. Dominic broke my good ones, but it was an accident." I said. Drew nodded.

"So I been hearing you back fucking with Dominic." Drew said.

"I mean I'm trying not to. It's just all crazy because he has a girlfriend, but she's not really his girlfriend. This girl that doesn't like me is paying another girl to date him. I don't know why." I said.

"That has nothing to do with what I asked you." He said.

"If nobody's stopping me from fucking with him, how am I not supposed to?" I asked.

"You have to be smart enough to know what's good for you. He might just be the one you marry in the end, but as of right now, he's just toxic." Drew said.

"Well, how has college gone for you? Any interesting females?" I asked.

"It's been good. I never expected it to be so hard, and no. Even when I talk to another female, she'll always tell me that my mind isn't in it because truth is, your the one on my mind 24/7." He said.

"You mean you thought about me 24/7 for almost a year without calling me?" I asked.

"I thought you wouldn't want to fool with me, but when Dawson called me yesterday and told me that you been going through it lately, I couldn't just let you." He explained.

"I have to thank Dawson then." I said. He's Drew's cousin.

"Now I can sit your little ass down because jumping between two boys is not cute." He said.

"I know that baby, and it's going to stop. Logan broke up with me, and I'm not fucking with Dominic anymore. I'm single as a Pringle." I said. He grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. He was smiling.

"Good. So I can do this?" He asked before he kissed me. I nodded and we leaned back in and I kissed him like I missed him because I did.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share