Sorry is Just a Word

I got home and I had to tutor this girl named Tia. We sat in the living room going over math problems. Micah, Dominic, and Jayson walked through the door. They all looked at me. Dominic glared, Jayson and Micah just looked.

"Hey McKenna." Micah and Jayson said.

I said hey to them, and finished up my tutoring. Tia packed up her things and left. I walked into the kitchen and fixed myself a bowl of grapes. As soon as I walked out, Micah called me. I sighed and walked up to them.

"Yes?" I asked.

"So are you going to tell me why you're becoming your sister?" He asked.

"I'm not. I'm only romantically interested in one person." I said.
"Now is that Dominic, or this boy that I've heard told you that you were sexy at Subway?" Micah asked.

I nodded, "His name is Miguel."

"How old is he?" Micah asked. I just shrugged. "I know he's already graduated. He's too old for you. He only wants a girl your age for one thing."

"Well he's not going to get that one thing." I shrugged.

"Then, I suggest you stop talking to old dude, or I'll have to handle him." I just laughed and shook my head. My phone started ringing. I smiled as I answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"I'm outside."

"Ok. I'm on my way out." I said as I slipped on my shoes from by the door.

"That better not be Miguel. You know what I'm going to see because I don't know you anymore. You might lie." Micah said. The three of them got up and walked out the door. I shrugged. I walked to the passenger side and got in. Micah, Jayson, and Dominic just stood there looking stupid.

"What do you boys need?" My mom asked. They shrugged shook thier heads.

"Ma you need to talk some sense into your daughter. She talking to 20 year olds and she's still seventeen." Micah snitched immediately. I glared at him.

"You go in that house and worry about why you're  flunking half of your classes. I got this." I told him.

"I'm trying to stop you from being pregnant by this nigga who's probably not going to claim you or your baby after he gets what he wants." Micah said.

"See that's where you're wrong. He claims his daughter. I met him playing with her at the park." I said. It wasn't my smartest moment.

"He has a daughter?" Everyone yelled.

"Mom can we hurry up because I think Micah might try to kill me any second." I whispered. I was highkey scared.

She backed out of the driveway and we were off to Dairy Queen. I got a banana split while my mom got an Oreo Blizzard. We sat in a booth across from each other, and she just looked at me.

"So tell me what's going on," She said. I poured out everything on the table to her. She just shook her head.

"I've seen it in your eyes, you have feelings for Dominic, and I seen his feelings for you in his eyes." She said.

"Whe-" she held her hand up to silence me.

"When? Every time you stare at him then pretend you didn't notice him. Then he stares at you and pretends he didn't notice you. This game is stupid. Whatever you two are doing, it's not healthy." She said

"I want to be with him mom, but I'm scared." I said.

"If you live your life afraid, you'll regret every moment of it." She told me. I nodded and we moved on to other subjects.