Crush Alert

Saturday morning I woke up to my phone going off on my pillow next to my head. I grabbed it and pressed answer. I held the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I sleepily grumbled.

"McKenna this is Mrs. Edwards. I have some news that you may want to know." Mrs. Edwards is the guidance councler who was assigned to me in order to monitor my GPA. I sat up becoming more aware.

"What is it?" I asked. I was officially worried. I plan on graduating as valedictorian. Therefore, I monitor my GPA very closely.

"There is a new transfer with the same GPA as you." She said. That can't be.

Who ever this person is needs to stop! I refuse to be 1st place loser aka saledictorian. I ended the conversation and got down stairs where Micah and Makayla were sitting at the table eating ceral. I poured myself a bowl of Apple Jacks and sat at the table, starring into the bowl as I started eating all of the green ones first.

"So what's bothering you?" Makayla asked. I looked up for the first time.

"Some bimbo tied GPA with me." I mumbled as I stirred the ceral around in the milk. Now only orange were left.

"Aha I new Dominic was smarter than you!" Micah exclaimed. I was a little upset. How could he be so insensitive?

"Why are you even worried about your GPA in nineth grade? Most people don't worry about that until 12th grade." Makayla said.

I shrugged. Valedictorian has been my goal sense I was in 7th grade. I'm the most competitive nerd you'll ever meet. I have a couple things to say to Dominic. I got up from the table and trudged over to Courtney's house. I walked in as usual. When I got to Courtney's room, she wasn't there. I went to the family room. Dominic sat on the couch. When I walked in he looked up.

"What's up, McKenna?" He smiled.

"Don't what's up me." I crossed my arms. He looked very surprised. He looked around for a minute as if trying to find something.

"What exactly did I do?" He asked.

"I have been working hard on my GPA all year and you come in and get the same as me." I said.

"It's not the end of the world." He replied.

"That's easy for you to say!" I exclaimed. I can't be second place. That's basically first place loser. Im the leader of all losers. Micah will never let me live through this.

"Sit down and calm down." He said. I sighed as I took a seat on the couch beside him. He put his arm around me. "Life is not over from here." He reminded me. I guess it's not. I looked in his eyes. I can't think of what made us get this close to eachother. I don't know him at all, but it feels like I've known him all my life.

"I guess you're right." I shrugged, officially no longer mad.

"I'm always right shawdy." He replied. I gigled and looked down at the couch pillow.

"Oh my gosh! Crush alert!" I heard Courtney yell. I looked up at her. I already knew where this was going: no where, fast. I got up and sat on the other couch.

"I was looking for you." I said to her.

"Well I see you got side tracked." She said. I rolled my eyes. I really do not have time for a relationship right now. I don't want to get into anything at the moment with a hormonal teenage boy.

"What ever," I waved her off. "Where were you?"

"I was hiding duh!" She exclaimed.

"And who exactly did you expect to find you?" I asked. We both just laughed. Between my slowness and lack of patience. She obviously shouldn't have expected me to find her.

"Well how about we play hide and seek, for real this time." Dominic offers.

"123 count me out." Courtney and I yelled.

I darted towards the stairs and up into the first room, the guest room. I hid on the other side of the bed. After a while, I got bored. I pulling out my phone and started looking through my Instagram timeline. A video came up, a dubsmash, the one about bacon being good for you.

"Oh wow." I heard as laughter filled my ear. I stiffened. I felt his breath on my ears. I still didn't move. "Found you." He whispered. A chill traveled all the way down my spine. I jumped up.

"Well, I guess I'm it." I said.

I closed my eyes and started counting. Once I got to ten, I opened them. I walked into the hallway and looked in every room. Where could he have gone that fast? Where is Courtney? I walked into her room and looked everywhere. Then, I looked at the closet. I opened the door. As soon as I did, I was pulled in. I gasped as I came chest to chest, face to face with Dominic.

"I guess you found me." He said. I laughed.

"You really like being close to me dont you, Dominic?" I asked. He chuckled. His laugh was..... heaven in the form of sound waves.

"I dont hear you objecting to it." He shrugged. It was my turn to laugh.

"Maybe I like it. Maybe my body is filling with adrenaline and dopamine right at this moment, and maybe I don't want it to stop." I replied.

"I love it when you talk nerdy to me girl." He whispered. I laughed. Somebody cleared their throats beside us. We both turned to see Courtney with her arms crossed .

"I've been hiding in the same place for like an hour now." She said.

She looked highly upset. I looked at Dominic. He looked at me. We both laughed at the same time. Courtney's mad face is funny. She looks like your grandma when she tell you not to run with sicccors and you do it again. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I pulled it out to see a message from Micah.

Micah- Dad is looking for you

Me- You know where I am.

He didn't reply.

"I have to go home. Micah play to much." I told them.

"Text me!" Courtney said as I walked out. I got back home. Everyone was in the living room sitting on the couch as my dad crouched in front of us. I sat beside Makayla.

"Since everyone is here, I have an announcement to make," He said. I braced myself for the worst. "I was promoted to VP in the company, which means I won't be able to be around as much, but I will be bringing in more money." I let my breath out that I wasn't aware I was holding in. I thought we had to move or something.

"That's it?" Micah asked. He nodded. "Dude I thought you were dying or something!" We all laughed.

"Your old man isn't going anywhere anytime soon, now everyone get dressed, and let's go out to celebrate." Dad said. He didn't have to tell us twice. We all scurried up the stairs and to our individual closets. Life is good to us.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share