Chapter 44 - Break involuntary ties

Start from the beginning

He looked at her as if he had given up; but somewhere deep within him he couldn't ignore the undeniable feelings he harboured. If Harry ever looked at Louis that way, his eyes welled up at the thought. Truthfully, he didn't know what he would do. Just seeing the look on Harry's face when Louis was entwined with Hayden was enough to render Louis almost crippled with heartache. He silently wished the pain was physical, at least then he could handle it.

Emotional pain was far more inconceivable. Even if Harry never touched Louis again, the way he once did with hesitant tenderness. Louis didn't care, he just needed to know Harry was safe.

Seeing Jennifer covered in blood and hyperventilating sent his mind reeling over every possible scenario Harry could be in. Most of the scenarios were bad, it made him sick with worry.

Liam cleared his throat and Jennifer was swaying on her feet, “Jennifer,” Louis said her name softly as he bundled up a wad of toilet paper and hesitantly pressed it against the large wound on her hairline. She closed her eyes wincing in pain, “we need to find Harry.”

Louis hand froze and his eyes met Liam's in a panic. “What happened?” Liam's voice was quiet.

“Blake he, he found me. I tried to stop him. I knew he'd come for her so I waited outside but he found me and he, he...” She broke off sobbing, Louis pulled her closer trying to comfort her.

“You mean, the guy from V fest?” Liam was scowling as he listened to her.

Although he hadn't admitted to any type of relationship with her. Louis knew, he could feel the tension between them. Louis could spot that sort of connection from a mile away, after all it was what he had with Harry. He watched, concern contorting his soft features as Liam paced. “Why would he be here? How did you know?”

Jennifer pulled away from Louis and held the now saturated towel in her bloody hand, “he’s Dakota’s boyfriend.”

The room fell silent.

Liam pounded the air in utter disgust, Louis too now looked back on all the conversations he'd shared with Blake that messy night. He'd talked about heartache and watching someone you love, parading around with another. He never said her name but Louis could scream in frustration at himself for not picking up on all the signs.

Everything was making sense and it rattled him to the core, “how could I be so stupid?” He screamed.

Liam nodded, not looking at either of them, “we all were,” he muttered,

Jennifer sighed, “he’s the one hitting her.”

“She knew he was with me that night. He kept telling me I could erase the pain, black it all out. He fed me so much media I was blinded with pain. He fucking knew what he was doing!” Louis paled as he spoke, his hands now shaking.

Liam frowned, “why didn't you tell me?” There was more accusation in his tone then Louis expected. If he had any doubts that they were in a relationship, they were long gone.

She said nothing.

Louis watched them both, then spoke after several torturous minutes of silence. “Why do we need to find Harry?” As he waited for her to reply he felt waves of nausea roll ceaselessly through his body, not sure if he wanted to heart the answer. 

She looked at him sadly, “Blake is…”

“What?” Liam pressed. 

Louis held onto the cold basin, supporting himself as he swayed both from too much alcohol and the immense foreboding that hung on her every word. He breathed deeply. “Where is he?” Louis asked quietly.