Chapter 2 - Sign Here

Sign Here

Harry looked up at Louis through his glassy eyes, Louis was ready to take a swing at Patrick, fists clenched and chest puffed. 

Harry grabbed Louis's hands, "No, don't." He pressed his face into Louis's neck and breathed deeply holding Louis against him tightly. I'm here, I'm right here.

He locked Louis's arms down and held him close, ignoring everyone in the room. Tears rolled relentlessly down his pale face but Harry just pressed himself tighter, he yearned for intimacy, for reassurance. Harry needed to be near Louis because he felt like everything was falling apart.

The words from the contract swirled through his mind and felt like daggers stabbing his ribcage over and over. Each word another wound, each wound making it harder for Harry to breathe. Louis slouched in Harry's hold and turned to look at Harry who loosened his grip and met Louis's frightened blue eyes. 

Louis was searching for some reason to not punch this wanker, Patrick, in the face; a reason to not scream and throw everything on the table all over the room. 

When it came to Harry, Louis was like a loose canon, he just couldn't control himself because the way he felt for Harry well, it overpowered every ounce of reason and common sense left in him. Louis was fuming, he couldn't grasp the audacity of management and how far they were really willing to go to keep this relationship secret. A film of sweat laced his furrowed brows as he agonised over how to respond to this stupid, contract. 

Being in love should be celebrated, not brushed under the rug for millions not to see. 

"Boys, I understand this is difficult," Patrick cleared his throat and smiled faintly at Louis. 

"Are you fucking serious?" Louis pushed away from Harry who fawned, helplessly at his boyfriend before falling back into the leather chair at a loss. As Louis paced seething and swearing at Patrick; Harry pulled out his phone and texted Niall. He'll know what to do, won't he?

You better get here, now! - H.

"Difficult?" Louis spat the word like venom and shook his head. "Difficult is walking through a swarm of screaming and grabbing girls who have absolutely no boundaries. Difficult is forgetting your lyrics before you go on stage in front of thousands, this..." He paused placing his hands on the desk and letting his head slump between tense shoulders. "This," Louis breathed heavily and the pain was evident in his voice. "This is agonising, you're asking too much of us. You're asking us to play a role I don't think I can play."

"Louis," Harry said his name with such tenderness that Louis' shoulders sagged when he heard Harry's delicate voice.

His posture was a blatant mix between rage and distress. The struggle between staying in control and falling apart was evident in his contorted face. Harry was his centre of gravity and Louis was slipping, fast.

His voice was hushed when he finally said, "I wont do it." 

"You need to sign," Jennifer's voice was stern and she looked up at the two boys who were on the precipice of fighting or falling victim to their Management's scheme. 

Jennifer had a soft face and rosy cheeks, in other circumstances Harry would probably warm to her, that moment was far gone. Now all he could focus on was the way her lips twitched into a forced smile, her thin hands fumbled over the pages of a contract she hardly agreed with. He looked at her with pleading eyes and for a moment she stared back, then she blinked and looked away. She, too was fighting with what was right and wrong. To Harry's dismay she chose her job over the boys' wellbeing. Great, another person we can't trust.