Chapter 39 - I just want you

I Just want you 

Louis was sitting on the couch, the television was playing but he was staring at it blankly. He rubbed his eyes, his body felt so tired but it was his mind that was exhausting him. Thoughts never stopped they streaked in and out of his consciousness in unstoppable waves.

He was worried about the fight between Niall and Liam, everything was so strained and forced now, Louis missed it when there were no secrets. Now, everything seemed to be hidden from one another. Harry had been gone all night Louis awoke to an empty bed and his heart sank, he began to worry more and more that they were becoming distant, strained.

How much longer could they take all of the chaos before it grew too much? Before the one thing Louis thought he could always rely on, would fall apart? Could he handle losing Harry? His eyes watered and he pushed the thought immediately out of his mind. Louis picked up his cup of coffee and held it in his small hands, the warmth seeped into his cold fingers and he blew on the steam rising from the black liquid. 

Shouting erupted from the corridor, Louis sat up listening and he recognised Harry’s voice. The other gave him an instant stab in the stomach, Dakota. Suddenly the screaming stopped and Louis stilled trying to listen, stomps filled the hallway and then silence. The door clicked and he looked over his shoulder, a wave of relief ran through him, Harry okay. 

“Hey,” Louis called smiling at Harry as he walked in, bleary eyed and a sad look on his face. 

He smiled, Louis could tell it was forced. “Hey,” he replied in a croaky voice. 

“What was going on out there?” Louis asked. 

Harry flinched. “Nothing.”

Louis shook his head, “I heard you out there, you and Dakota.”

“I said it was nothing,” Harry snapped and Louis jumped in surprise. 

He cleared his throat, deciding to change the subject. “Where have you been?” Louis asked sitting up to look at Harry as he sat down next to him. 

Harry lent across and kissed Louis tenderly, he pushed his body against Louis and something swelled within him. Worry? He pulled away. “Harry, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Harry mumbled rubbing his eyes. 

Louis put the cup down on the coffee table and turned his body to Harry’s, he took Harry’s large hands in his own. “Hey,” Louis voice was soft, “Harry, it’s me.”

“Hey you,” Harry replied leaning in for another kiss. 

Louis frowned and pulled away. “Where were you?” He asked again, playing with Harry’s slender fingers. 

Harry shook his head, “With Liam,” he sighed. 

Louis raised and eyebrow, “He okay?”

“Sure,” Harry replied nonchalantly. 

Louis studied Harry’s face, the crinkle in his forehead and the way his nose scrunched up when he was frowning. Harry’s eyes were, as always, a beautiful green but the dark heavy circles under his eyes made him look older. Louis tenderly leant forward and brushed the soft curls away from Harry’s eyes, he smiled. “Harry, you look so tired.”

“I didn’t sleep,” he replied closing his eyes and leaning his face into Louis warm hand. 

“Harry,” Louis whispered, “Look at me.”

Harry inhaled deeply and then opened his eyes to meet Louis sparkling blue ones, full of worry and adoration. 

“What’s wrong?”