Chapter 10 - Liar Liar

Liar Liar

Dakota stood tall and posed for the cameras before she took Harry’s hand, despite him being mid-coversation with Niall and led him towards one of the sponsored marquee’s. She smiled and said; ‘hello’ to Lily Allen swapping numbers and talking about clothes. Harry stood like an obedient 'boyfriend' smiling and listening. Although, he often looked over his shoulder longingly seacrhing. To the public eye, all would wonder what exactly he was looking for. Dakota knew, she knew exactly who he was looking for and it was her job to keep them apart.

Paul, one of Modest’s head honcho’s had made it very clear that she would stand to gain more fame, more money and more publicity if she was able to manipulate the boys into breaking up. Dakota was chosen for her wit, sociopathic tendencies and strong nature. She was beautiful, strong and cunning. A deadly concoction that Harry and Louis would never be expecting. That’s why it was the perfect plan, over long nights and locked doors Dakota and Paul spoke at length with Jennifer.

Becoming an 'icon', a 'publicity stunt' or a 'girlfriend', whatever they wanted to label her as, well, it wasn’t easy and there were a lot of preperations. These things don't happen naturally. Steps to be put in place, traps to ensnare Harry, gain a hell of a lot of publicity both positive and negative and, inevitably break up the boys. She was a classic sociopath but Harry and Louis, all the boys in One Direction only saw her as the bitch. Dakota loved playing that role too, but she knew what cards to play next and today, at the V Festival everything was going to go south.

For a breif moment as Harry beamed speaking with Ed Sheeran she felt guilty, looking over to see a very docile Louis trying hard not to watch Harry but, it’s Louis he always had his eyes on Harry. Harry was his sunshine, it was a millisecond where Dakota felt a pang of regret for signing the contract, but then she caught her reflection in the bar mirror and remembered who she was. She was Dakota Fox, about to make millions and her face, her name was going to be on every tabloid across the globe.

She tilted her head as she watched her reflection, pale skin, cascading hair and pouted baby blue lips. If she was anything, she was a show stopper and that’s exactly what she was here for. I could take on the world, one batted eyelash at a time. She grimaced, while Harry continued talking to Ed and laughing, beer in hand Dakota pulled out her phone and texted Jennifer.

I’m pushing the first exploit forward, Harry’s getting too cocky and Louis needs to learn a lesson. Okay?

XO XO – Dakota

Jennifer's reply wasn't exactly what she hoped for:

I am not so sure that's a good idead...

Dakota rolled her eyes and quickly replied, glancing up to make sure she hadn't lost Harry. 

Trust me.

She smiled when Jennifer replied with a big thank you and a flurry of smiling emoticons, she giggled to herself as she walked back to Harry and kissed Ed on the cheek. 

“Are you going to introduce me, babe?” She asked, sipping her Pina colada and flashing her dazzling smile at the gorgeous red head. 

Harry sighed and spoke in a monotone voice, “Ed, Dakota, Dakota, Ed.”

Ed smiled but it was obvious it was forced, he was very close with Harry and, like everyone in his life Ed, too wasn’t very impressed with this new set up. Dakota ignored the glare and held out her manicured hand, “Pleasure to meet you, I love your music.”

“Cheers,” Ed smiled and took her hand briefly. 

Harry sighed looking unsure of what to talk about now that she was here but she just pulled out her phone and took a photo of the two. “We may as well get to know each other I am going to be around for a while…” She emphasised the ‘while’ and Louis looked over, picked up his drink and stormed over.