Chapter 11 - Vipers Tongue

Vipers Tongue

Louis was prone to facing his problems head on, screaming yelling and fighting for what he believes in, yet the moment Harry walked over to Louis he couldn’t face him. Although Louis wanted nothing more then to prove Dakota wrong the retching pain in his stomach that enveloped him entirely from the moment she opened her mouth rendered him speechless.

He was furious, the look in his eyes was enough to send Harry grasping for him, but Louis was gone. He pushed through the crowd in the marquee meeting no ones eyes and saying nothing. The sound of Harry calling out trailed off as soon as he exited the marquee.

A wave of music and blurred conversations washed over him, the fresh air was suffocating and he began to walk aimlessly. ‘Scared of anyone in the band…’ her words were venomous and rapidly spun through his mind. Louis breathing was short, gasping as he pushed past the security who were too busy conversing to notice him falling apart. A lethal combination of alcohol and sorrow circulated through his system like a drug.

In his haste to get out of the marquee Louis nearly ran into Niall who was watching him cautiously and grabbed his shoulders. “Louis? Are you okay?”

“Don’t.” Louis warned, a scowl on his pale face. 

Niall’s eyebrows widened, “You want to go somewhere?” He was looking over Louis shoulders, at people calling out. 

Louis shook his head attempting to shake Niall free, when he held his grip on Louis shoulders he groaned. “Let go.”

“Just talk to me?”

 Louis grasped his wrists tightly and pried them off his shoulders. “Just let me go.” His words were ragged, breathless.

“Whats–“ Niall couldn’t finish his sentence as Louis was gone, he shouted after him and then swore under his breath rushing into the marquee to find the other boys. 

The sun was setting in the horizon and the sea of people were surrounded by a haze of smoke and shadow, all Louis wanted was to disappear completely. People shouted his name when they noticed him and without security surrounding him he felt a pang of anxiety.

He shoved through the people and saw the media tent to his left, he swiftly changed course ignoring the calls for him and away from the crowd. Jessie J’s voice boomed through the busy field and on another occasion Louis would enjoy seeing his friend perform. But in this moment his body was shaking and his mind a mess, he saw the row of public toilets and rushed behind them, they were in a square formation, once behind he searched for somewhere to hide.

There was a long fence and another celebrity marquee that loomed ahead, he slipped behind it’s walls that flapped lightly in the breeze and sighed. He leaned against the fence and slid to the ground. The incessant buzzing of his phone continued to fill the afternoon but he ignored the calls. Jennifer, Zayn, Niall and Liam called again and again. But there were none from the one name he wanted to see.  

Not seeing his name made his heart sink further and Louis wondered if perhaps he handled everything wrong? His mind was foggy from the beer, the world spun beneath him. Would Harry have really said he was afraid of Louis? Or was it all to Dakota’s benefit that she would build a rift between the boys? If that was the case, he thought she was doing a fantastic job of pulling them apart. 

His eyes didn’t leave his phone as he waited for the one name to appear on his screen, he would be willing to answer for. It was killing him, the waiting and wondering, the confusion and anger that made his hands shake and his eyes well up with the tears he was tired of shedding. 

Wiping his face he listened to the music and closed his eyes, leaning his head against the fence Louis finally realised how tired he was, his body ached and his eyes were heavy. A voice pulled him from his reverie and a tall blonde was standing, staring down at him. A lit cigarette sat in his calloused hands, he was in all black, and stared down at Louis.