Chapter 51:

Chapter 51:

"Is it wrong to want to know why he did it?" I ask curiously later that night at dinner.

"Not at all." Brian says seriously setting his spoon down on his plate as he sits up straighter. "What made you think of this?"

Shrugging I mumble "I don't know I guess I have always wanted to know why but I never had enough strength to confront him. I was afraid that he'd do something to me again but now that I've found the Lord and I have the most amazing family in the world I know there is nothing to fear. I just want to know what motivated him to hurt me like he did."

Understanding Brian asks "Would you like to ask him?"

I frown and look over at Wolf who has been silent this whole time just watching me closely. He doesn't look to happy at Brian's suggestion but seeing my torment he states "Do what you feel is right, I'll support you either way."

Giving Wolf a small loving smile I look back at Brian and state seriously "I don't want to go to his house."

"He's still in the hospital. He will not be released until tomorrow morning." Brian informs me all knowingly.

"I want to go now, the faster I get this over with the better."

"I'm going with you." Wolf says not leaving any room for question.

Pursing my lips at him I give him a seriously look. "You were just released from jail Wolf for punching the dude in his face. You're not coming."

Wolf frowns at me and I raise a challenging brow at him. He sighs and slumps in his chair mumbling "I don't like this plan so much now."

"I'll be with her Wolf, there is nothing to worry about." Brian tells him in understanding. Brian thinks that Wolf should have punched Trent also. Brian wants to punch Trent so i dont know if it is such a good idea for Brian to be in the room with me either.

Rising i state "I'm going to go get a sweater on and then ill be ready." Brian nods at me and i leave the kitchen going to get a sweater and my shoes on. Wolf rises also and follows me up the stairs and into our room. "I wont be long. I just want to ask him and then i will be right back home." I reassure him getting a GAP hoodie out of the closet.

"If he says something you dont like i want you to call me immediately and i will come to pick you up."

Snorting i turn around to look at him with a yah right look. "Brian is taking me Wolf, your not stepping foot in that hospital while he is a resident. You hit him again and your goin to jail for good this time. The police will be the ones to press charges on you even if he tells them not to."

Wolf sighs hearing the truth in my words. He comes over to me and wraps his arms around my waist. "I wish i could be there to support you." he says pained looking me in the eyes.

Giving him a small smile i state "You already are supporting me Wolf. By letting me go you are supporting me. I love you husband."

Wolf looks torn but he leans down and gives me a delicate kiss. "I love you wife,  be safe."

After i give wolf a tight hug i get out of his arms and walk down the stairs with him close behind. Brian is waiting at the door when i get at the end of the steps. I slip on some flip flops and then follow him out the door giving Wolf one last glance.

He stands in the entrance of the door watching my closely as i get into the front seat of Brian's lawyer car. "He's a good man." Brian tells me backing out of our drive.

Looking over at him i give him a smile and says "He really is, sometimes his actions are not so great but he's very protective."

"I couldnt have asked for a better man for you. I know he will always keep you and my grand baby safe."