Chapter 27:

Chapter 27:

A knock sounds on my door and then it opens revealing a smiling Dallas. He comes over to the bed and whispers a "Good Morning hun." to me before he carefully picks up Avlee. "We're goin out ta the barn." he tells me and I nod sitting up to wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

"She just ate about an hour ago so she should be good for a while."

Dallas purses his lips and says "I reckon she'll be back in ah hour B. My grand baby needs all the milk she can get."

I roll my eyes at him and state "She eats all of the time dad. She will be fine to be a few minutes late."

He shakes his head and states "An hour." before he leaves the room cooing over Avlee.

Getting out of bed I go to use the bathroom and then I make my way to Avlons room knocking on the door lightly. She tells me to come in and I smile going over to lay beside her on the bed. "God morning baby." she says beaming when I lay beside her.

"Hey momma how are you feeling?"

Avlon groans but keeps the smile on her face as she states "I hate complete bed rest."

Chuckling at her I state "Five more weeks and then your babys will be here." Avlon's doctor told her that the baby's will only last until seven months but we are all hoping and praying that they will say in her womb longer than that. It's up to God so I know that he will do what is best for them.

"Hopefully longer than five weeks." Avlon says wishfully because the longer the babys stay in the less time they will have in the incubators.

Avlon and I sit on her bed talking about the babys and picking out names because she didn't have a clue on what she wanted to name them. Her and Dallas never even talked about it witch shocked the life out of me because I know I was thinking about baby names all the time wanting the best name for Avlee and I have to say her name is awesome.

"Where's my grand baby?" Avlon asks trying to change the subject when I start pouting about her not telling me the names she picked. She wants them to be a surprise.

"Dallas has her out in the barn."

Avlon giggles and states seriously "He loves that child."

Frowning I sigh and state "I swear he has her more than I do." I love that he has her all of the time because that means that he accepts her but some times it gets overwhelming when everyone is taking her from me. I think its just a first mother thing and I probably wont be like that after Avlee but Im new at this and a little overprotective. I want her to be beside me at all times but with everyone always wanting to see her that doesn't happen much.

"Is Wolf coming over today?" she asks me wiggling her eyebrows and I blush at her craziness.

"He doesn't have to work today so he's taking Avlee and I out."

"Oh?" she asks with an eyebrow raised "Where does he want to take you?"

I shrug with a blush and state "I don't know he said it was a surprise."

Avlon looks over at the clock and state "Well you better get your baby and get ready. It's noon."

I jump off of the bed wide eyed and give her a kiss on the forehead before I run out of the room and to the barn in my PJ's.

"Ma'am." Wayne says tipping his hat at me as I enter the barn.

"Hey Wayne. Do you know where my baby is?" I ask in a rush. Wayne chuckles and nods his head toward the stable. "If I weren't in a rush I would chat." I apologize and he smiles slightly at me.