Chapter 6:

Chapter 6:

While Avlon and Dallas are at their check ups I go outside and wonder around just looking at the grass and the pretty flowers. “Howdy ma’am.” A deep voice says and I look up to see a rustic looking man by the barn.

Smiling I give him a slight wave and he says “I’m Wayne.”

“It’s really nice to meet you Wayne. I’m Braylee.”

“Mrs. Avon talks a lot bout ya.” He says with a chuckle and I look down blushing.

“She’s a lovely lady.” I state looking back up at him.

“That she is ma’am. Are ya likin ya stay here?” he asks politely and now that I think about it everyone here is polite.

Nodding with a beaming smile I say “Loving it actually.” I put my hand on my stomach and smile. “My baby will have a wonderful life here.”

“As will you.” He says looking at my stomach with a big smile. “How far are ya?”

“Five months give or take a few days.” I laugh and he chuckles with me. “Do you have kids of your own?”

The man shakes his head but he smiles anyways. “My woman has a baby names Miaya.”

“Your wife?” I ask not really knowing what cowboys call their women. The cowboy shakes his head and scratches the back of his neck. I grin at him and state “You better get to proposing from what I’ve seen Christian women don’t like waiting.”

Wayne chuckles seriously and says “They sho don’t ma’am but I’ve proposed.”

“Aww “ I coo because these cowboys are really sweet. “When is the date?”

“Just like Mrs. Avlon.” He mumbles and then says “I just proposed last week.”

I give him an okay look and he scratches the back of his neck. “Last week was seven days away seven days is a pretty long time if you ask me.”

“Reckon my woman thanks so?”

Shrugging I say “Ask her. She may thank so but she may not. Women are moody we never know what we want. Propose a date to her and just run with it.”

Wayne smiles at me and asks “What would a romantic day be?”

“The day you met.” I say wishfully because if I were married on the day i met my future man it would just be amazing. Then you don’t have to remember your meeting anniversary and your wedding anniversary.

Wayne raises a brow and says “The day we met?”

“Or the day you lay eyes on her that’s way more romantic.”

Wayne beams and says “Thank you Miss. Braylee.”

Waving him off I say “No problem Mr. Wayne as long as I’m invited.”

He chuckles and says “Ya just gave me the advice of the century I would not forget ya.” Wayne and I look over when the gravel is crunched by a car. When I see Dallas’s car I wince not ecstatic over whats about to take place. “Ya alright?” Wayne asks and I look back at him scratching my arm.

“Not thrilled.”

“Todays the day?” he asks already knowing what im talking about and I nod. Wayne gives me an encouraging smile and says “You’ll do great don’t be intimidated God’s with ya.”

“Thank you Mr. Wayne. It was really nice meeting you.” I give him a wave as I make my way to the car.

“We’re having twins?” Avlon screams scaring me half to death when I open the truck door.