Chapter 23:

Chapter 23:

"We get to go home Avlee." I coo to her excitedly wanting to get out of this stuffed up hospital and back to the free air of the ranch.

She just watches me closely as I change her clothes and talk to her. "Are you ready to go home?" I ask her and she just stairs at me with her huge chocolate eyes. "Mommy is ready." I tell her seriously.

Wolf chuckles startling me. I look to the door to see him standing there with a pink camo car seat. "Really?" I ask with a brow raised.

Wolf shrugs and comes over to us "I thought it was cool."

Laughing I shake my head because what men usually think is cool is not. "What ever you say." I mumble picking Avlee up to put her in it. I smile when I see the neck protector. "Well daddy just thought of everything." I coo at her as I start buckling her up.

Wolf chuckles and says "The lady at the store had to help me. Did they get you all signed out?" he asks as he picks up the car seat. I smile at my tiny baby inside of the big seat.

"They did and I am so happy."

Wolf chuckles and puts his hand on the small of my back leading us out of the hospital. I continue walking as we get out wondering where Wolf parked the car. "Cupcake." Wolf say and I see him putting Avlee in the back seat of the car parked infront of the hospital.

"Wolf that's not our car." I tell him walking back over to them.

Chuckling Wolf nods his head. When he sees my confusion he state "It's yours."

"What?" I ask totally confused "I have a truck."

Wolf nods and says "You have a truck and now you have a Ford Focus." I look at the cute little white car infront of me and purse my lips.

"Stop playing with me and get Avlee out of that car."

Wolf shuts the door after shes all buckled in the middle and opens the passenger side door for me. "This isn't a joke."

"Where did you get this car from?"

"My garage." he states and I narrow my eyes at him crossing my arms across my chest. "It was my moms."

"Now i'm really not taking it." I state as I get into the front seat. Wolf groans and shuts my door before going to his side.

"It's just going to sit in my garage and rust Cupcake so i'm giving it to you."

"No your not Wolf this was your moms car. Wont it make you sad to see me in it everyday?"

"No because I know you will appreciate it and take care of it." he state pulling out of the lot.

"Wolf I can-" I start put he stops me by placing his hand over my mouth.

"This isn't up for Discussion Cupcake. Avlee will be safer in this car. Your truck has no back seat and I wont allow her to ride in the front seat."

I nod silently knowing where he's coming from. She could get hurt riding in the truck because she would have to sit by the door and then there's nothing protecting her if we got into a collision.

The drive to the house is silent but its a comfortable silence. I lay my head against the seat and close my eyes wanting sleep to overtake me but right as it starts to the car comes to a stop.

I climb out and Wolf does the same going to get Avlee out. "I am so ready for some home made food." I say making Wolf chuckle.

"You better hope Dallas cooked then." he state and I roll my eyes at him leading him into the house. When we get inside he takes Avlee out of her seat and places her into her bassinet that Dallas and Avlon got her for the living room.

"I have to go in for a few hours." Wolf says and I turn to him with a frown. He sighs and comes over to me putting his hands on my waist. "I'll be back tonight." he promises kissing my forehead. "Your keys are in the bowl."

Confused I ask "How are you getting to work."

"Dallas rode with me to get the focus and then he drove my jeep over." I nod in understanding and give him a soft kiss on the lips allowing him to leave. "I love you."

Wolf beams at me and gives me another quick peck "I love you beautiful."

"Alright, alright." Dallas says and I look over to see him in the doorway "Get to work son." he tells Wolf seriously and I roll my eyes at him.

"Yes sir." Wolf says giving me a wink before he leaves.

"Where's my grand baby?" Dallas asks coming fully into the room.

I point to the bassinet and he goes to it eagerly getting her out. "Ya go rest I'll take care ah her."

"No she's not-" I start but he shoots me a look cutting off all protest.

I yawn and Dallas says with authority "Go!"