Chapter 40:

Chapter 40:

"Turn out like me?" I ask in disbelief trying to keep my cool but I am quickly loosing my patience with this woman. "How did I turn out."

Ashley snorts and says snottily like she knows everything. "You have a kid and your only sixteen and she's not even by the man your married to."

"Hold on right there." Brian demands coming to my rescue. "You do not know how my grand daughter came about Ashley and until you do I suggest you keep your mouth shut. I will have nun of that in my house."

"Why are you yelling at me she started it." Ashley shouts back childishly.

"Braylee I understand that you are worried about your sisters but I wish you would have came to me about this." Brian says softly looking upon me.

"I should have." I mumble running my hands through my hair. "I'm sorry for butting in where I am not needed."

Brian shakes his head with a loud sigh "I am happy you said something but I am not happy how it come about. I have noticed Ashley's ways of parenting and I do not agree with them but I just let it go. You have brought to light what I never did."

Scoffing Ashley raises a challenging brow and asks "What do you have to say Brian?"

"We will have this conversation another time." he says shooting quick glances at the girls.

"No I want you to tell me now." Ashley shouts stomping her heel on the ground like a three year old.

"Later." Brian grounds out through clinched teeth. I'm surprised by this because you can tell that he has never talked to her like that. He lets her run him over but now that everything is out in the open he is doing what he has always wanted to.

I come to a rise and look over at the silent Wolf. He's fuming staring Ashley down with narrowed eyes and a clinched fist. "We're going to go." I state giving Brian a sad smile. "I am so happy that I got to meet all of you and spend my birthday with you all but its time to go. I'm sorry again."

"You don't  have to." Brian says sadly coming over to me.

Giving him a small smile I wrap him in a hug and he squeezes me tightly. "I will make sure to visit again. I really did love meeting every one of you and I am sorry for my actions. I'm going to be praying about my attitude." Never would I have said something out of place before. Since I have been married and I have a child of my own things make me angry with other people and their children that aren't right.

"The girls and I will come and visit you soon. We'll have to schedule a time." Brian says confidently.

"My kids aren't going anywhere without me." Ashley says snottily but Brian and I ignore her.

"That would be awesome dad. You can stay at Wolf and I's we have plenty of room."

Brian beams and gives me another quick hug before Sarah squeezes between us. "Yous leaving early." She whines holding onto my leg looking up at me.

"I'll see you soon Pumpkin." I smile getting down to her level to engulf her in a hug.

"Very soon?" she asks and I nod kissing her on the forehead.

I look up for Kendra and see her standing by her mother watching me closely. "By Kendra." I say with a small smile wanting to give her a hug.

Kendra nods at me and then looks down at the ground fiddling with her skirt. Wolf gives Brian and Sarah a hug and then he leaves to go get Avlee all set up. "Call me when you get to your home." Brian instructs worriedly.