Chapter 44:

Chapter 44:

"Do you want to hang out today?" Allison asks when she and Ashaunti come over to my locker at the end of the day Friday.

"Ummm I sort of wanted to get my hair styled."

Ashaunti beams and says "We can come with you and watch Avlee."

Beaming right back I gush "Oh My Glitter thank you so much. I was going to ask my dad but he's going to have her tonight."

"Mmmmm." Allison mumbles suggestively and Ashaunti says "Hot date with the hubby?"

I blush and quickly turn back to my locker shoving my books inside. Allison and Ashaunti giggle making the blush on my cheeks darken. "Hey beautiful i'm going to head out." Wolfs deep voice says getting closer to me.

"Love you i'll see you when you get home." I mumble facing my locker.

Wolf spins me around and cocks his head in interest "Why are you blushing?"

"Just something Ashaunti said." I mumble brushing it off as no big deal.

Amused Wolf chuckles and gives me a delicate kiss on the lips. "I love you and I'll call you when I have a minute."

"I'll be waiting husband." Grinning Wolf says hello to the girls and then leaves the school heading to work.

"Y'all are just so adorable." Allison says with a dreamy smile. "I can't wait to meet my Wolf."

Chuckling I shake my head amused. "Do y'all just want to ride with me?" They nod excitedly and we leave the school heading to Eva's house.

The door opens when I get out of my car and she smiles at me. "Who are your friends?" she asks when they also get out of the car.

"This is Allison and Ashaunti, girls this is my aunt Eva."

"I'm the fun aunt." Eva says with a grin and the girls giggle at her.

"It's so nice to meet you." they say at the same time and Eva sighs remembering something.

"My best friend and I used to do that In high school. We just magically knew what the other was going to say."

"Where is she now?" I ask following her into the house.

"She was drunk one night driving home from a party when she ran off of the road. She dies on impact."

"Oh my" Allison says as Ashaunti gasps.

I don't say anything because I don't really know what to say in situations like that. "Where is my monster?" I ask her with a smile.

Chuckling she says that she will be right back and she leaves to go upstairs. "Who's side is she from?" Allison asks curiously.

"Neither." I say with a smile. "I'm adopted and she's my adopted mom's best friend."

"You're adopted?" Allison asks shocked and I nod. "Ashaunti is also. Her momma's Japanese and her daddy's Irish."

Ashaunti laughs amused and I smile because that is just amazing. "When were you adopted?" I ask her interested.

"When I was three. My mother left me infront of the police office with a note saying she couldn't do it anymore. My dad was working at the station that night and he was the one that found me.

"Oh wow." I say totally impressed. "God works in mysterious ways."

"That he does." Eva says when she walks into the room with Avlee. She hands her over and I beam placing kisses all over my baby's face. "She ate about an hour and a half ago so i'd say shes ready again."